Full-Time Art Exhibitions Coordinator
The ideal candidate prepares estimates and executes bookings for fine art shipments ranging from single works of art to entire international exhibitions. The Exhibitions Coordinator reports to the Gallery and Exhibition Services Manager.
This is a full time position with a typical work schedule of Monday-Friday, 9 am – 5 pm.
However, candidate must be willing to work beyond those days/hours if the project necessitates it (airport supervisions, courier assistance).
• Knowledge of how to create truck bills of lading, air waybills, ocean bills of lading. Knowledgeable in U.S. Customs documentation and classifications as it pertains to artwork.
• Knowledge of how to make a shipping estimate from start to finish, both door-to-port and door-to-door, for domestic and international art shipments
• Knowledgeable of flight routes and airlines – both passenger and cargo – as well as with who the domestic and international art shipping agents are. (i.e.. must know who the industry players are.)
• Familiar with packing/handling requirements for various media artwork
• Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in fine art logistics, arts project management, exhibition organization, museum or gallery registrar and/or similar relevant experience.
• Fluent English, both written and spoken. Able to clearly communicate directly with clients and overseas agents by email and phone. Other languages a plus.
• Able to work on multiple projects and estimates simultaneously.
• Organized, detail-oriented, able to problem solve and think on your feet
• Clean record, able to pass a background check performed by the TSA. Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
• Valid driver’s license preferred but not required
* Benefits: Competitive salary, Healthcare (Medical), PTO
HOW TO APPLY
Please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.orgJob Categories: Museum and Gallery. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: coordinator and exhibition. States: New York.
Please Share the Art Exhibitions Coordinator job: