Part-Time Art Assistant – Vancouver Film School
Reporting to the Art Coordinator for Production Design and the Head of Department, working directly with and in support of the Curriculum, Prop House, Costumes Room and Tool Room, the Art Assistant will provide professional, expert and courteous front line educational support to all VFS students within the Film program. The Art Assistant is able to work with small groups of students on special projects, help the Course Instructors better know the students, and may assist students in utilizing a variety of instructional resources. The Art Assistant will have a basic understanding of a particular area of expertise in the program discipline and who is highly organized, energetic, and is a positive self-starter who thrives in an evolving and fast-paced environment.
• Assist Film Resources in the support of student projects and/or construction.
• Assist students with Prop House, Costumes Room, Tool Room & Power Tools guidance & supervision.
• Provide general class preparation assistance to Course Instructor(s) including setting up & tearing down workshop classes, accessibility to Art Resources materials, & helpful knowledge of the tools available.
• Assist the Art Coordinator with Art Pickups, Returns, Prop House maintenance & Workshop cleanliness.
• Act as the liaison between students and Course Instructor(s) and assist students in the classroom and outside of class time.
• Assist and inform students of the procedures for completing and submitting class work.
• Troubleshoot any technical problems students are encountering and act as a liaison between students and the IT department when required.
• Assist students with information on locations to acquire materials for projects. (Ie. Prop Houses, Construction materials, costumes).
Perform other duties as required by the department, facilitating releases, project logistics.
• A degree, diploma, or certificate from a recognized post-secondary institution or a graduate of VFS in one of the current disciplines or 1 year experience in film production.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an attention to detail and accuracy.
• Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
• Demonstrated good judgment and initiative with the ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
• Highly organized team player with a flexible approach and works well under pressure.
• Ability to present a professional and positive image and maintain discretion and confidentiality.
• Knowledge of the basics of Sketch Up, Photoshop, and AutoCAD.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply on-line at: https://vfs.edu/vfscareers
Please Share the Art Assistant – Vancouver Film School job: