Full-Time Annual Fund Director
The Annual Fund Director is a new leadership position within the development department of the Oregon Symphony.
The position will be one of three direct reports to the Vice President for Development. The Director will supervise some staff, with oversight for the pipeline for individual giving and the business operations of the department.
The Annual Fund Director Candidate will have 3-plus years of experience in annual fund work with experience in database management, segmentation, MOVES management and donor communication. Our candidate is looking for an opportunity to gain experience in supervision, goal-setting and focusing their detail-oriented skills on a systems approach to development.
The successful candidate will step into this newly upgraded position at an exciting time. In FY17, the Oregon Symphony set a new record with $8.4 million in contributed revenue, up more than 9% year-over-year, and 2% above an aggressive goal. Our annual gala has set records for four consecutive years, with gross proceeds exceeding $1 million in both 2017 and 2018. The Board leads by example, sustaining a level of significant investment that has been an integral element of our success.
SUMMARY: The Annual Fund Director is responsible for oversight of annual fund, events, and operations of the Development program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Pipeline development of donors from $100 to $5,000+, collaborating as needed with the VP for Development on goal setting, campaign strategies, and prospect identification methods.
- Donor Portfolio ($2,500 – $5,000+ range), developing individual strategies for each donor to ensure regular contact with appropriate Symphony representatives.
- Supervise Annual Giving Manager, part time Gift Officer, Events Coordinator, Development Associate, and subcontractors as needed to meet annual fund goals.
- Provide leadership and oversight to develop and ensure robust processes for gift coding and entry, acknowledgment, pledge tracking and invoicing, program book donor listings, donor stewardship program, and other key operational elements.
- Establish and maintain complete, timely, and accurate record-keeping in Tessitura for all direct reports and personal portfolio.
- Take responsibility to ensure accurate gift entry, acknowledgments, and pledge invoices for donors in assigned portfolio, and oversee direct reports in doing so.
- When requested, assist in providing staff support to board development committees.
- Other duties as assigned.
Nonprofit Professionals Now is proud to partner with the Oregon Symphony to fill this important position with the right nonprofit professional. To apply please visit www.wvdo-or.hiringthing.com and review the complete job description. All applicants are asked to submit a resume, cover letter and complete the screening questions for consideration.
Application deadline: August 19, 2018.
Please Share the Annual Fund Director job: