• Permanent Part-Time: 5 half days
• Salary: Commensurate with experience
• Reports to: Executive Director
• Works with: All staff and volunteers
Center for Book Arts seeks an Administrative Assistant to join a team of 3 full-time and 5 part-time employees. Will work closely with the Executive Director, Programs Manager, Marketing Manager, and Special Projects Manager to help achieve the overall goals of the institution. This position will provide direct support to the Executive Director, and handle general office needs. The schedule is half days Monday-Friday, with occasional evening and weekends. We are currently working remotely 4/5 days, but have a plan to return to in-person work by the end of the year as health and safety limitations allow.
Assisting the Director
- Maintain the Executive Director’s schedule, arrange meetings, appointments, and travel ensuring all needed arrangements for meetings are prepared as needed (ex. catering, virtual invitations, materials, physical set up of meeting space etc.)
- Open, sort and distribute emails, and other correspondence, handle requests and queries appropriately
- Scheduling board meetings and assisting in correspondence
- Produce reports, presentations, and briefs as directed, doing research needed to prepare documents for review and presentation by boards of directors, committees, and in preparation for meetings.
- Accurately record minutes from meetings.
General Office Duties
- Answering phones and general email correspondence
- Maintaining and ordering office supplies and office equipment
- Ensuring upkeep and organization of office and shared spaces
- Entering and managing administrative and financial files within an established system
- Ensuring all data is secure and properly backing up
- Work closely with the Special Projects Manager to ensure accurate and timely processing of institutional and individual donations (this includes scanning, uploading, and filing donations and sending out handwritten thank you notes to high level donors)
The ideal candidate is self motivated, efficient, has a minimum of one year of experience in office administration or a related activity, and has excellent organizational and interpersonal skills. The ability to perform written tasks quickly with accuracy is preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Excel and Word), Adobe creative suite, and Quickbooks Online
- Self-motivated and well-organized
- Ability to work well in a small team
How to Apply
Applicants should submit a single PDF containing a cover letter and resume via email attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Administrative Assistant” in the subject line.
Due to the number of submissions only applicants selected for interview will be contacted.
No phone calls please.
Founded in 1974, Center for Book Arts promotes active explorations of the book as an art object. CBA is the leading organization for the Book Arts in the U.S., presenting exhibitions, classes, and public programs on the subject while supporting artists through residencies, publishing, and collecting. Center for Book Arts is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people from all backgrounds and experience levels.
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Part-Time. Job Tags: arts administration, assistant, gallery, and library. States: New York.
Please Share the Administrative Assistant job: