Accounts Payable (A/P) Clerk
Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts
Accounts Payable (A/P) Clerk
Deeply rooted in our local Beverly Hills community and influenced by cultural change, the Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts, a public-private partnership with the City of Beverly Hills, strives to be a site for the convergence of relevant, dynamic performing arts, education and civic life, strengthening our local and global community is our role as a presenter, producer, educator and community resource. We approach our work with the pioneering creative spirit of Beverly Hills and greater Los Angeles, while also recognizing that we live in a multi-cultural every-changing world guided by our core values of Trust, Artistic Courage, Enlightenment, Cooperation, Communication, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, and Accountability.
The campus itself is a breathtaking 70,000-square-foot facility celebrating the classic and the modern and has garnered six architectural awards. The restored building features the original 1933 Beverly Hills Post Office (on the National Register of Historic Places), which serves as the theater’s dramatic yet welcoming lobby, and includes the contemporary 500-seat, state-of-the-art Bram Goldsmith Theater; the 150-seat Lovelace Studio Theater and an inviting open-air plaza for family, community and other performances.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Wallis is seeking a detail-oriented and collaborative Accounts Payable Clerk who is looking for a career in Accounting in The Arts sector. The Wallis is a fast-paced and dynamic environment for Accounts Payable and requires impeccable organizational and time-management skills, as well as flexibility to pivot quickly to meet the needs of the team.
This role effectively organizes and reviews documentation for all accounting functions for this non-profit arts organization, ensuring compliance of all internal financial controls and processes for accounts payables. If you have experience in tracking accounting documentation, experience with accounts payable compliance practices, are fluent in Quickbooks and have advanced Excel skills as well as meticulous attention to detail, we want to hear from you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Review supporting documentation for accuracy and completeness for all check requests, and other requests for payment. Verify proper authorization, and ensure the accuracy of the coding for accounts, department and job for each invoice/payable. Complete required input;
- Gather and track documentation for all required federal and state payroll tax payments/reporting for instate, out-of-state, and international artist and vendor payments;
- Ongoing tracking of all company credit cards and department charges. Track expenses and submission of receipts. Matching approval forms with actual expenses charged and ensures accuracy of account coding;
- Process and confirm employee requests for reimbursements, including expenses and mileage;
- Track and reconcile travel advances for employees and production-related cash advances;.
- Ensure the accurate input of payables information into the accounting system including accuracy of general ledger account codes, functional allocation of expenses and compliance with accrual accounting principles;
- Prepare and generate reports of paid and unpaid invoices as needed;
- Maintain vendor filing system and accounts payables files;
- Maintain and reconcile petty cash, including periodic audits of all petty cash balances;
- Correspond with vendors to request documents, and reconcile accounts on a timely basis;
- Prepare City of Beverly Hills quarterly invoice;
- Reconcile rental revenue, security deposits and invoicing.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- Minimum 3 years of progressive accounting experience and experience in a highly-collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- Idea candidate will have accounts payable, bank reconciliation, sales tax, property tax and invoice/billing experience.
- Working knowledge of Quickbooks and Advanced Excel
- High School diploma required. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent professional experience desired.
PAY & BENEFITS
This is a full-time, non-exempt position and the range of pay is $24.00-$26.50 per hour. This position is eligible for 100% paid medical benefits, including dental, vision and life insurance ($25,000) for the employee, paid vacation, personal and sick days, 401k and paid parking. Complimentary tickets are occasionally available for performances and events at The Wallis.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include A/P Clerk in the subject line.
No phone calls please.
The Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and encourages applicants of any age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political affiliation, or gender.
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: accounting, finance, non-profit, and performing arts. States: California.
Please Share the Accounts Payable (A/P) Clerk job: