The Accounting Manager reports to the Director of Finance and Human Resources and is responsible for managing the day-to-day accounting and finance functions. This includes compliance with accounting standards, financial policies, and procedures. Additionally, the Accounting Manager is responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining effective financial systems and controls that support the organization’s mission and objectives.
- Manage the financial accounting activities of the organization, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and general ledger.
- Perform a monthly close of financial records including account reconciliations.
- Assist the Director of Finance and Human Resource in ensuring compliance with all payroll tax jurisdictions.
- Prepare and analyze financial statements, budgets, and financial reports to inform decision making and support organizational objectives. Other stakeholders include funders, Board of Directors, and Committees.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure financial information is accurate and up to date.
- Evaluate financial systems and controls to identify areas for improvement and implement changes as necessary.
- Prepare worksheets and other materials related to the annual audit.
- Provide financial reports as requested by the Development office.
- Assist with the preparation of the annual budget and financial forecasts.
- Maintain Mid Atlantic Arts’ Accounting Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Perform routine accounting procedures, including managing cash flow.
- Provide orientation to staff on the processes and procedures of the accounting system.
- Participate in organizational efforts including appropriate workshops and professional development opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or accounting, or equivalent in work experience.
- 3- 5 years’ experience in a non-profit environment with federal and private foundation funding sources.
- Deep understanding of generally accepted accounting principles, including revenue recognition, accrued expenses, prepaid expenses, capital expenditures and depreciation.
- Understanding and experience with grantmaking programs and complying with donor restrictions.
- Ability to effectively communicate with multiple constituents including colleagues, funding partners, and board members.
- Team player with enthusiasm for taking on tasks both large and small.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail, with ability to anticipate, initiate, and advance multiple priorities and projects concurrently.
- Advanced skills with MS Excel, Word, and other office suite products.
- Experience processing payroll using services such as Paychex, ADP, etc.
- Experience using modern accounting software systems, preference for Sage Intacct.
- Video Conferencing: Basic proficiency in conducting meetings and events via Zoom, Teams, or other video conferencing technology.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Director of Finance and Human Resources.
The salary range for this position is $73,000 – $80,000 commensurate with experience.
Mid Atlantic Arts offers a full and comprehensive benefits package that includes the following: Medical, Dental, Vision, AD&D, Retirement, Paid Parental leave, Vacation/Sick/Holiday leave, and Professional development opportunities and more.
The position is Hybrid/Remote (Preference for candidate located in the Baltimore/DC area).
How to Apply:
To apply, please click the link: smrtr.io/gZkRH.
Another option to apply for this opportunity is to e-mail a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
If applying by email, please include a subject of Accounting Manager. Applications are considered until the position is filled.
About Mid Atlantic Arts:
Based in Baltimore, Maryland, Mid Atlantic Arts provides grant support and multi-state programming in the mid-Atlantic region. Mid Atlantic Arts nurtures and funds the creation and presentation of diverse artistic expression and connects people to meaningful arts experiences within our region and beyond. It is one of six regional arts organizations in the United States and works in close partnership with the National Endowment for the Arts and its member state and jurisdictional arts agencies.
Mid Atlantic Arts is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. Accordingly, Mid Atlantic Arts provides employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, national origin or ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, genetic status or information, military or veteran status or any status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Mid Atlantic Arts is committed to building an inclusive working environment that supports a diverse community of staff and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
To learn more, visit www.midatlanticarts.org
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: finance, human resources, manager, and non-profit. States: Maryland.