Full-Time Academic Director, OU School of Visual Arts
The Director position offers a rewarding opportunity for an accomplished professional in the field of art, art history, or design to bring their proven track record of strategic leadership and collaboration to further strengthen successful programs and develop external partnerships. The individual must be adaptive and comfortable in defining and implementing approaches in all aspects of the school. Candidates are expected to provide evidence of successful leadership, effective interpersonal and communication style, and history of shared governance.
The Director serves as the academic and administrative officer of the OU School of Visual Arts, reporting to the dean of the Weitzenhoffer Family College of Fine Arts. The Director provides creative and proactive leadership, as well as principled administrative guidance and advocacy for the mission of the school in teaching, creative activity/research and public service/outreach. The desired candidate should be visionary and be able to articulate and promote expanded definitions of art and art history. The individual should have a good understanding of current technologies and be able to develop strategies that incorporate diverse ways to develop and promote the school and its efforts.
This position is tenurable at the rank of Full Professor.
The University seeks to appoint a new Director of the OU School of Visual Arts as early as July 1, 2020.
Review of applications will begin November 1, 2019. Position will remain open until filled.
- Academic and administrative leadership of the school
- Oversight of school programs and policies
- Budget development
- Faculty and student recruitment
- Representing the school on campus, nationally and abroad
- Teaching two classes each year and maintaining scholarly research and creative activity
- Terminal degree in Art, Art History, or Design and substantial leadership experience in academia at the departmental or school level.
- National record of achievement as an artist and/or scholar.
- Qualification for tenure at the rank of full professor.
- Record of dynamic administrative leadership, strong organizational and communication skills plus the ability to be a successful fund raiser.
Applications must be submitted online at https://apply.interfolio.com/68219. Required documents include a cover letter, up-to-date curriculum vitae, statement of teaching philosophy, creative/scholarly work, statement of administrative philosophy, and a list of five current references with contact information, document with link(s) to video or webpage of creative work and/or professional portfolio.
The University of Oklahoma is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.Job Categories: Education. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: administration, arts, director, fund-raising, history, recruitment, and school. States: Oklahoma.
Please Share the Academic Director, OU School of Visual Arts job: