Full-Time 3D Digital Artist
DAOLAB Studios is a Multidisciplinary Art Studio and Innovation Lab specializing in public art, interactive media installations, VFX, and digital fabrication.
Headquartered at the MakeTank in Oakland with a satellite studio in NY, DAOLAB Studios develops projects which generate new and tangible ways to perceive the fundamental and invisible constructs of reality in varying scales from the handheld to the architectural.
DAOLAB Studios brings together the talents of adventurous designers, architects, technologists, digital craftspeople, software engineers, and media artists to combine bleeding edge technology with old-world craftsmanship in an effort to tackle the challenges at the frontier of creative expression.
Our ideal candidate is a local professional or graduate student with experience as a 3D generalist in the fields of art/architecture/vfx/film. Perfect for someone eager to learn new creative skills and looking for a foot in the door in the worlds of art, media, and interactive technology.
- FULL ACCESS to the MakeTank workshop: https://www.daolabmaketank.com
- Meet talented local artists, designers, filmmakers, architects, and inventors
- An informal, relaxed working environment
- Scheduling flexibility
- The opportunity to attend art/tech industry events
- Hard-body and soft-body modeling
- Create particle, light, and fluid VFX with Maya Bifrost/nParticles, and AfterEffects
- Generate custom shaders and textures
- Create in-scene lighting rigs
- Create basic character rigs
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-3 years professional experience with Maya, AfterEffects, Mental Ray/Renderman/Arnold
- High proficiency with 3D VFX tools such as nParticles and Bifrost
- High proficiency with shading, texturing, lighting
- Proficiency w/ Premiere and Photoshop
- You’re driven and passionate about creating mind-blowing visuals
- You’re creatively versatile and can execute a variety visual styles
- You’re a fast learner with a can-do attitude
- You are adaptable and comfortable working in a creative and workshop-like environment
Bonus Qualifications (not required)
- Experience w/ Python for Maya
- Experience w/ Zbrush or Mudbox
- Experience w/ Rhino, Grasshopper
- Experience creative coding w/ Unity,Touch Designer, or similar
- Experience with 3D printing
- Formal or informal engineering education
- 3-4 month contract
$35-45/hr, or negotiable commensurate with experience.
Please email email@example.com with a description of any relevant work experience and why you think you’d make a great addition to the team. Include the following:
- Portfolio of 5-7 images (no larger than 24mb total) that illustrate your skills for this position.
- A URL link to video(s) of your current work.
- Include “3D Artist Application” in the subject line.
Please Share the 3D Digital Artist job: