Playwright/Lyricist and Educator
- Tel: ➤ Login/Register to view the contact details.
I’m a storyteller. I aspire to create and teach theatre that challenges the mind and touches the soul. Be it in my room, in the classroom, or on a stage.
MA in Musical Theatre, Goldsmiths, University of London
2013 – 2014
Graduated with Distinction
BSc in Music/Theatre Arts, Taylor University
2009 – 2013
Graduated Summa Cum Laude
再见 Goodbye (a one-act musical)
Tristan Bates Theatre, London
Pandora (a two-act musical)
Union Theatre, London — Showcase
Ivy Arts Centre, Guildford School of Arts — Showcase July 2015
“★★★★ – Resourceful, innovative, and artistically meritorious…”
— Musical Theatre Review
Illegals: The Game Show (a play with songs)
Divergent Theatre Collective, Waterloo East Theatre, London June 2015
Dream (a one-act musical)
Overture Festival, Tristan Bates Theatre, London
Associate Producer, Pregnant Fish Theatre
London, UK August 2015 — Present
– Negotiated with studios and venues in London to arrange space for a 3-month rehearsal period.
– Facilitated auditions for over 100 performers.
– Co-authored press releases for 2 theatrical productions.
Creative Consultant, Fright Night: The Stone Tape, BBC Radio 4
London, UK October 2015
– Screened and hired a lighting designer and 5 auditioned performers.
– Trained production team members to complete RAMS (Risk Assessment and Management Strategies) forms and briefed a crew and staff of 10 on standard safety regulations.
– Shaped and informed the production design concept and marketing strategy for the show, resulting in 2 sold-out shows and the addition of a third show in response to the high demand.
Assistant Tutor and Researcher, Goldsmiths, University of London
London, UK January — September 2015
– Supervised and produced a university-funded festival showcasing 4 new musicals at the Tristan Bates Theatre, surpassing expected attendance rates with 13 sold-out shows and critical acclaim.
– Partnered with the Confucius Institute of Goldsmiths and other university departments to develop a bi-lingual musical designed to assist in the education of Mandarin and English for exchange students.
– Advised and mentored 6 masters students studying musical theatre writing and theatre production, leading to a 100% graduation rate from the program.
– Planned and guided 10 group tutoring sessions to supplement core curriculum topics including dramaturgy, project management, marketing, and casting.
– Evaluated 6 masters students in all areas of production for 4 fifteen-minute musical showcases.
Box Office Placement, LIFT (London International Festival of Theatre)
London, UK May — July 2014
– Headed and maintained the on-site box office for festival shows The Roof (in collaboration with the National Theatre) and Turfed (at Hackney Downs Studios), including the organization of over 300 volunteers, the supervision of ticket collection for up to 700 audiences members per night, and coordination with producers and front of house management.
– Co-monitored the sale of 38,000 tickets, built 80 events, and assembled daily sales reports through the Spektrix online ticketing system for over 20 shows and events.
– Organized collaborative ticket sales and booking lists between LIFT and 16 venues throughout London including artsdepot, the National Theatre, Young Vic, Unicorn Theatre, Southbank Centre, Battersea Arts Centre, and Stratford Circus.
– Corresponded with Spektrix support team to fix technical glitches and create specific reports to fulfill requests from the LIFT Executive team.
– Resolved daily customer queries via email, phone, and in person, resulting in a 99% customer approval rating.
– Oversaw bar sales at 4 outdoor events.
Professional Fundraiser, Home Fundraising
London, UK January — February 2014
– Promoted the work of MacMillan Cancer Care throughout the Greater London area, resulting in 10 long-term donation commitments ranging from £210 – £420 a year.
Music Theory Tutor, Taylor University Music Department
Upland, Indiana September 2011 — May 2012
– Organized and graded student performance records for a class of 12 on a weekly basis.
Lead: Deathtrap (Taylor Theatre)
Supporting: A Christmas Carol: The Musical, Antigone, All My Sons, Incident at Vichy, The Bald Soprano (Taylor Theatre)
Ensemble: Odyssey: A Devised Re-Telling (Corbett Theatre); Plaza Suite, Witness for the Prosecution, The Secret Garden (Taylor Theatre)
Opera: Die Zaubeflöte, The Bartered Bride (Taylor Theatre)
Shows: Master Class, ‘Art’, A Night With August Wilson: Excerpts from the Pittsburgh Cycle (Taylor Theatre); The Last Queen of Paradise (George Wood Theatre)
Musical Excerpts: Merrily We Roll Along, Gypsy, City of Angels, Pirates of Penzance, Annie (Taylor Theatre)
Assistant to the Director: Noises Off! (Taylor Theatre)
Music Director/Pianist: The Ruth Ellis Show (George Wood Theatre)
Stage Manager: Romeo & Juliet, Waiting for Godot (Taylor Theatre); Illegals: The Game Show (Waterloo East Theatre)
House Manager: A Streetcar Named Desire, The Count of Monte Cristo (Taylor Theatre)
Board Operator: The Curious Savage-Sound, Godspell-Lighting (Taylor Theatre)
Deck Crew: Doubt, Godspell (Taylor Theatre); The Secret Garden (Black River Playhouse)
- THEATRE: Acting, Directing, Playwriting, Producing, Stage Management, Marketing
- HOBBIES: Poetry, Photography
- IT: Spektrix, Wordpress, Tumblr, Finale, SketchUp, Garageband, iMovie, QLab