Theatre Management/Box Office Manager
- Tel: ➤ Login/Register to view the contact details.
My love of the literary arts and multi-cultural up bringing have allowed me to develop a strong understanding of all genres; however, stage productions are truly my favorite. To me, the Box Office is the first interaction patrons have with a theatre house and that interaction “sets the stage” for their expectations and experiences. My positive and proactive attitude allows me to work well in a team setting as well as to be an independent thinker who is creative and able to brainstorm and think outside the box.
Masters of Arts in Theatre, July 2014, University of Central Missouri (UCM), Warrensburg, MO
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Theatre, Emphasis: Technical/Design, July 2012, UCM
Department of Theatre & Dance, UCM, Warrensburg, MO
Box Office Management March 2011 – April 2014
• Processed daily incoming subscriptions, solicited group sales and maintained the box office as well as the theatre lobby area.
• Training students in excellent customer service in regards to proper ticketing of patrons.
• Recruited box office assistants and volunteers as well as ensured proper coverage of all performances.
• Proactively working with the Front of House staff in managing the interface between the Theatre and the audience.
• Led prompt communication with customers in regards to inquiries, complaints and comments.
Graduate Assistant- Department of Theatre & Dance, UCM August 2013 – May 2014
• Developed the online ticketing selection for season ticket purchases as well as single ticket buyers by using the Vendini ticketing systems.
• Managed all ticket sales for six main stage productions for Highlander Theatre with 444 seats
• Provided excellent customer service in person, via phone, and online to our season ticket holders, annual foundation donors, and new patrons.
• Assisted office professional to organize and manage databases and archives all of sales, 600 subscriptions, and multiple mailing lists.
• Supervised the work of the part time 20 Box Office Assistants
• Met with faculty, staff and administrators to discuss any necessary or updated directives.
Promotion and Publicity Experience
Central Missouri Repertory, Warrensburg, MO
Tour/Publicity Manager Summer 2011, 2012, & 2013
• Working for a Repertory Theatre company, operating within the university.
• Finding ways to market the productions, through social networking and theatrical campaigns.
• Helping with the Educational outreach program, teaching children the importance of the performing arts.
• Prepared and circulated promotional material: production previews, news releases, programs, flyers, and brochures in Microsoft Office 2010.
• Serving as ‘House Manager’ and dealing with theatre patrons.
Season Promotion, Department of Theatre & Dance, UCM, Warrensburg, MO
• Promoted group sale prices and individual season tickets at university event, city events, and local K-12 schools by using brochures, posters, display cases, and information tables
• Wrote invitation letters illustrating our vision for the season to the MO state legislators and the President of USA
• Spoke at various university events, and at certain classes promoting season ticket sale
• Evaluated the each promotion activity bi-weekly, and made necessary variations
• Updated the Season promotion BlackBoard page and answered team questions daily
Teaching and Training
Graduate Teaching Assistant, Department of Theatre & Dance, UCM
• Subjects: Directing THEA 3700; Literature and History of Theatre, THEA 4400 & THEA 4420.
• Speaking in class , ensuring clear diction and clarification
• Preparing lecture notes, presentations and class exercises
• Being a disciplinarian when conducting class, ensuring student participation
• Writing student exams and marking homework assignments in a timely manner
Student Manager, Sodexo Dining Hall, UCM September 2008 – November 2013
• Served UCM Students, Parents, faculty, and staff in a calm and friendly manner
• Managed the entire cafeteria facility from security and stocking to hygiene and appearance
• Managed inventory logs and temperature logs
• Fulfilled a fundamental role in building a team environment
- Currently, I have five years of practical experience in providing excellent customer service, ticketing services, generating and maintaining box office reports as well as ensuring all items are completed with a high level of organization and attention to detail.
- Event Managemnt, Literary Research Patron Service, Team Management Public Speaking
- English, Hindi, Marathi