|Career Status:||Actively looking|
|Willing to relocate:|
|Willingness to travel:||Willing to travel|
- Tel: ➤ Login/Register to view the contact details.
Susan Alter-Humphrey- 443-614-1988
Education & Credentials
Master of Fine Arts (Porcelain Paper-clay Sculpture), Hood College, Frederick, MD GPA 3.63
Master’s degree completion included 60 credit hours, a thesis and exhibition.
Bachelor of Fine Arts (3-D Design and Clay Sculpture), Salisbury University, Salisbury, MD
Bachelor of Arts in Communications, Salisbury University, Salisbury, MD
Recipient of: Crespi-Hobby Outstanding Ceramic Arts Student Award, Art Alumni Recognition Award,
President’s Art Award and Ryan McDowell Scholarship.
Susan Alter-Humphrey- 443-614-1988
Dynamic, creative and energizing professional with a demonstrated ability to lead and multi-task in demanding, fast-paced environments. Equipped with advanced communication, interpersonal and management skills.
Areas of Expertise & Technical Skills
• Creative Thinker
• Highly Organized
• Team Leadership
• Project Management
• Human Resources
• Inventory Management
• Audio/Visual Support
• Access Control
• Staff Training
Washington Nationals, Washington,DC August 2016-Present
Serves as a bridge between the Security Department and all Ballpark Departments to disseminate and distribute security related information. Proven Incident Commander and manager of Special Police Officers, part-time Officers, and Security interns. Drove hiring actions for new Officers; skilled in Department budget and led VIP visits for the Department.
- Support to all administrative and operational activities, plans, policies, billing/ purchasing, understanding corresponding contracts, budgets, parking and protocol for daily operations relating to the Security department. Develops daily brief sheet for 34+ SPO’s
- Directly supervises and trains two interns, provides instruction on credentialing, security operations, VIP support, and department billing procedures. Facilitating BSOP required training with Table Top Exercises and Full-Scale drills.
- Supported the 2019 World Series, coordinated over 37 high level VIP’S, worked multiple security issues for home and visiting team.
- Continuously identifying, evaluating and adjusting the workday/workload to ensure security support throughout the Nationals Organization.
- Highly adaptable to situational environment, led multiple site advances for dignitaries and VIP’s to include VIP parking, coordinated security, and provided VIP specific facility tours.
- Leads credentialing accesses/ approvals for front office personnel, clubhouse staff, VIP’s and fans.
- Managed 34+ Security personnel, with 23 being 24/7 Special Police Officers from scheduling, organizing training required by MLB to achieve BSOP compliance, resolving personnel issues and submitting payroll. Consistently executing management level tasks and reporting to the VP of Public Safety and Security.
- Incident Commander duties for game-days and special events, directed all aspects of Ballpark operations and delegating resources to incidents throughout the park.
- Utilizes the following National’s software programs: Ungerboeck, Dynamic Budgets, Concur, Ulti-pro, ABI, ISS/ 24-7 and Lenel in daily execution of tasks. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, PC and Mac platforms.
- Experience in resolving complex personnel issues; built strong relationship with the Human Resources Department. Actively involved in the selection and interview process for new hires. Drove the hiring of 10 permanent and part time SPOs, one coordinator and 2 interns.
Washington Nationals, Washington,DC February 2016-August 2016
Supervisor, Guest Experience
Led Guest Experience event staff team during game day events ensuring high quality customer service.
- Manage, train and lead a Guest Experience event staff (17-25 persons) each game day; convey pertinent information before/during the game, organize the staff, assign them to their designated posts and compose daily game-day post reports. Assisting guests with a pro-active, helpful manner, by providing the highest level of hospitality.
- Recognize subordinate strengths and weaknesses quickly, creating an environment for success.
- Tenacious and creative problem solver, successfully find solutions to tough issues and follow-through to resolve the problem in a timely fashion.
Frederick Clay Studio, Frederick, MD 2014-March 2016
Advanced Educator/ Sculpture
Certified Art Instructor: developed curriculum, taught, and mentored beginner to advanced students in ceramic arts.
- Developed course curriculum in ceramic arts for 40+ classes.
- Led classroom instruction in ceramic arts, including sculpting, hand-building, wheel throwing, East Asian coil, glazing, composition and abstract design.
- Provides academic support to students and facilitates class discussions and lectures.
- Assesses pupil skills, evaluates progress and grades examinations to measure comprehension.
Military Spouse /Volunteer/Event Planner 2009-2015
Provided mentorship, support and care to military spouses and families in a remote environment.
- Committed volunteer to multiple causes and the mentorship of military spouses.
- Created and distributed numerous literature packets advertising base activities, and addressed concerns of targeted population.
- Supervised group participation in base-wide events; ensured positive image and helped secure donations during base fund drives.
- Established program budget specifications to optimize functionality of implemented programs.
- Represented the Commander/Organizational Director as a liaison between spouses of deployed airmen and squadron leadership.