Executive, Managing Director, Production Manager
- Tel: ➤ Login/Register to view the contact details.
Energetic management professional with track record of improving business operations. Strong background in non-profit and project management. Employment of best practices at all levels of operations with emphasis on enhancing organizational productivity and efficiency by effectively directing and supporting operations, services and solutions. Experience translating strategic planning into real-world implementation. Strong track record managing all levels of multiple projects from concept through completion.
Bachelor of Fine Arts: Design and Technical Theater .
University of South Dakota – Vermillion, SD
OLeary Consulting for the Arts, LLC – 2018 – Present
- Helping artists, arts organizations, and funders realize their vision through services that include strategic planning, resource development, program evaluation, and philanthropic counsel. Founded in 2017, the company engages in strategic partnerships with senior consultants as well as freelance writer/administrators.
Operations Manager May 2016 to Dec 2017
Ford Idaho Center – 16200 N Idaho Center Blvd, Nampa, ID 83687 – General Mgr (208) 468-1000
- Managed part time, full time and temporary labor in set-up and cleaning of major events
- Planned and scheduled daily operational staffing needs
- Selected, motivated and evaluated supervisory staff
- Developed and implemented training classes and certification programs to promote efficiency and safety in the work place
- Assisted the Director in forecasting, monitoring and evaluating operational budget
- Researched and gathered bids for supplies, projects and contracts
- Developed and evolve operational policies and procedures
Managing Director Jan 2014 to Oct 2015
William Inge Center for the Arts, 1057 W College Ave, Independence, KS 67301 – HR 620-332-5606.
- Developed an annual Grants Action Plan that identified grants and resources that increased college and program unearned income by 30%.
- Secured $130k in annual grants for Inge Center.
- Initiated RFP process for Catering and Marketing for annual festival; provided recommendations for bid evaluation and award, negotiated and administered contract awards according to school requirements.
- Increased website traffic by an average of 40% each month using cutting-edge marketing techniques.
- Created program operating budgets, monthly revenues and expense reports, and other financial performance reports. Managed Box Office, Data Base, Email Marketing and subscription (Vendini).
- Managed annual theatre festival, 4 playwright residency projects and 6 play readings per year. Created and negotiated all Guest Artist contracts and coordinated all travel, housing and logistics.
- Performed complex general accounting functions, including preparation of journal entries, account analysis and balance sheet reconciliations using spreadsheets and accounting software.
- Trained, coached and mentored team to ensure smooth adoption of new and ongoing programing.
Adjunct Theater Professor Aug 2008 to Jan 2014
Black Hills State University – 1200 University Street Spearfish, SD 57799-9502 – HR 605-642-6343
- Taught Introduction to Theatre and Acting to non-traditional students two nights a week.
- Successfully improved student participation through integration of creative role-playing exercises.
- Modified the general education curriculum for special-needs students based upon a variety of instructional techniques and technologies.
Customer Service Representative June 2012 to Jan 2014
GE Capital Retail Bank – 400 Turbine Drive 100. Rapid City, SD 57703 – HR 800-800-4857
- Built brand loyalty through successfully handling inbound calls from cardholders and clients according to company requirements.
- Gathered and verified all required customer information for tracking purposes.
- Addressed and resolved customer product complaints empathetically and professionally.
Interim Director April 2011 to May 2012
Somerset Court – 4001 Derby Ln, Rapid City, SD 57701 – HR (605) 718-3600
- Planned, operated and directed the operations at 87-suite and 90-resident assisted living
- Managed an annual budget of $2.5M in accordance with government regulations, compliance and internal policies and procedures. Oversaw and evaluated employees including CNAs, Marketing, Events, Maintenance. Partnered with local nonprofits to match residents with organization volunteer needs.
- Processed weekly payroll; Accounts Payable; Accounts Receivable and maintained all resident and team member records according to company guidelines. Generated monthly revenues and expense reports.
Executive Director Aug 2008 to March 2011
Minneluzahan Senior Citizens Center – 315 N 4th St, Rapid City, SD 57701 – HR (605) 394-1887
- Conceived and created plan for Multi-Generational Adult Community & Resource Center in partnership with Parks Department that was recommended for $3.5M of government funding.
- Wrote grant proposals that resulted in $60K in grant awards.
- Responsible for all correspondence, banking, budget preparation, marketing, grant writing, IT and building operations.
- Generated monthly revenues and expense reports.
Executive Director July 2006 to June 2008
Black Hills Community Theatre – 601 Columbus St, Rapid City, SD 57701 – HR (605) 394-1787
- Led capital campaign strategy for construction of new performing arts center.
- Created new mixed-ability program and secured $15k in corporate, foundation, and government grants.
- Developed new senior performance program “The Well Done Players” and children’s summer camps.
- Managed six play season, education and outreach programs. Devised new season ticket program that increased sales by 7% in first year. Generated monthly revenues and expense reports.
- Manages five employees and annual budget of $300K. Raised $65k in annual grants. Devised new season ticket program that increased sales by 7% in first year.
- Responsible for all marketing, publicity, public relations, compliance, long-range planning and operations.
Production & Operations Manager Nov 1999 to June 2006
Staging Techniques, Inc. – 210 W Lincoln Ave, Mt Vernon, NY 10550 – Owners (914) 664-3717
Directed all phases of 150+ annual corporate events with 10,000+ attendees in hotels, convention centers, and arenas stadiums across the United States for companies such as Microsoft, Wells Fargo, IBM, Lockheed Martin, T-Mobile and Nike.
- Supervised and evaluated the work of 12 employees, and reduced overtime by 20% by restructuring departments.
- Oversaw event budgets ranging from $200K to $1M and manages 35k sq/ft facility.
- Prepared equipment and labor worksheets for all events
- Provide on-site event and project management acting as the facility and customer service liaison to clients.
- Hired, scheduled and directed the work of 150 independent contract employee technicians annually.
- Contracted and evaluated vendors for building operations, special events and rentals.
New Programming Production Manager April1998 to Sept 1999
Ordway Music Theatre – 345 Washington St, St Paul, MN 55102 – HR 651-282-3000
- Oversaw the development of all creative content for new productions including development of scripts, scenic and costume design, music development.
- Established and manages production budgets of $50k-$150k and production schedules.
Program Director – TDF Adventures in the Arts May 1993 to April 1998
Theatre Development Fund – 520 Eighth Avenue, Suite 801 New York, NY 10018 – HR 212-912-9770
- Planned, designed and marketed travel programs predicated on the performing arts.
- Raised program participation by 200% and net revenue by 150% by expanding program offerings.
- Worked closely with clients to identify their needs and challenges via direct and online correspondence.
- Hired and trained 12 employees.
Director of Tour Department Feb 1991 to March 1993
Columbia Artists Management, Inc., – 1790 Broadway, New York, NY 10019-1412 – HR (212) 841 9500
Monitored $5M annual expenditures for accommodations, transportation, air freight and customs for 30-50 national & international performing arts tours annually.
- Negotiated annual service contracts that generated an annual savings of $250K.
- Approved all Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Supervised six full-time team members and 30-40 part-time company managers, stage managers, and
Director of Real Estate Services & Community Arts Development May1986 to Feb1991
New York City Department of Cultural Affairs – 31 Chambers Street, New York, New York 10007 – HR 212-513-9300
- Wrote RFQs and RFPs for services to the Community Arts Development and Real Estate Services departments which included preparation of scope of work for bids, provided recommendations for bid evaluation and awards, negotiated and administered all payments for awarded contracts.
- Introduced and implemented programmatic change resulting in additional funding of $15K from the Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- Managed $225K annual arts grants program for arts organizations in low and moderate income neighborhoods
- Successfully coordinated property management agreement between the City, Playwrights Horizons and Theater Row Theaters. Initiated $6 million planning and renovation of city-owned school into the Julia DE Burgos Arts Center in East Harlem. Designed, wrote and manages RFP procedures for Center rentals, management and operations.
- Fostered a climate of collaboration between the Hispanic Arts Community, the Mayor and members of City Council through project planning meetings and open communication reports.
Production & Stage Manager
Various Theatre and Entertainment Companies – New York City, NY March 1977 – Sept 1999
Broadway – Stage Manager
- Annie, original through third casts, directed by Martin Charnin, produced by Mike
- Blood Brothers, starring Carole King.
National Tours – Production Stage Manager & Stage Manager
- Sweeney Todd, starring Angela Lansbury and George Hearn, directed by Harold Prince.
- In Persons, starring Anne Jackson & Eli Wallach.
- South Pacific, starring Robert Goulet & Barbara Eden.
- George M! starring and directed by Joel Grey.
- Annie, directed by Robert Fitch; Annie 4th national tour.
Off-Broadway – Production Stage Manager
- The Entertainer, starring Nicole Williamson, directed by William Gaskill,
- Summer of ’69.
Regional Theatre – Production Manager
- North Shore Music Theatre, Beverly, MA.
- Stage Manager – Sweeney Todd with Angela Lansbury and George Hearn; Showtime, Directed by Terry Hughes.
- Stage Manager, Stage Director WGBH’s Broadway Plays The Kennedy Center.
- Second Assistant Director, WGBH’s Hard Winter, produced by Chiz Schultz.
- Boise City Arts & History Grant Review Committee 2 years
- Paint the Town Executive Committee 3 yrs
- Grants & Professional Development Committee member, Independence Community College.
- Board of Directors of Astra Arts Festival in Independence, KS and Chair of Theatre Committee.
- Kansas Creative Arts Industry Commission, Grant Review Panelist.
- South Dakota Arts Council – Theatre Grant Review Panelist, out of state representative.
- Director The Senior Needs Assessment Committee in Rapid City, SD.
- Citizen’s 2013 Rapid City Budget Advisory Committee.
- South Dakota State One Act judge, 4 years.
- Board President of the Allied Arts Fund.
- Steering Committee for Rapid City’s Main Street Square, a downtown urban park and location of the largest public art sculpture project in the U.S.
Bachelor of Fine Arts: Design and Technical Theater .
University of South Dakota – Vermillion, SD
Affiliations: Member, Actors Equity Association, Founding Member, Stage Manager’s Association.
- Financial and Facilities Management
- Fundraising & Grant Writing
- Budgeting Planning & Management
- Strategic Planning & Governance
- Program Development & Evaluation
- Board Relations and Governance
- Community and Public Relations
- Human Resource Management
- Marketing, Social Media, PR and Advertising
- Program Development
Executive, Managing Director, Production Manager Resume