Lauren Smith Resume
- Tel: ➤ Login/Register to view the contact details.
Lauren Smith moved from Wake Forest, NC to attend the University of South Carolina and pursue a Bachelor of Arts in Music at the School of Music.
Through her time at USC, Lauren found a passion working in Music Business and saw her skillset align with classical arts management and began working at the Koger Center for the Arts.
While integrating herself in the Columbia arts community, she was offered the position of Orchestra Manager with the Bruch Chamber Orchestra.
Although Lauren loves the vibrant arts community in Columbia, SC, she is seeking positions that that bring her to new locations while still working with classical art management.
University of South Carolina
School of Music
Bachelor of Arts in Music // May 2019
Koger Center for the Arts / March 2018- Present
Office Manager / Columbia, SC
- Created and Supervised the Koger Center Internship Program leading to 9 students successfully fulfilling experience-based internships for class credit.
- Produce and Edit the Arts Roundup Podcast and Radio Show. Logged over 25 live radio shows and 13 published podcasts available on all platforms.
- Responsible for preparing and organizing more than 200 contracts, ensuring that they are signed and processed in a timely manner.
- Managed/ Organized over 7 exhibitions in the gallery and 30 pieces of permanent art while building and maintaining relationships with artists.
Bruch Chamber Orchestra / August 2019- Present
Orchestra Manager, Marketing Director / Columbia, SC
- Created and developed a brand for the orchestra
- Designed the logo package
- Planned marketing campaigns and distributed press releases to 175 media outlets
- Developed a successful funding pitch to an Arts Foundation
- Managed a budget of $6,000 to cover all performance costs including payment to all performers and creative team members.
Columbia Chamber Orchestra / September 2019- Present
Marketing and Graphic Design / Columbia, SC
- Design all marketing materials for the season and individual performances used in ad and poster campaigns.
- Create all brand materials including logo, letterhead, rack cards, brochures, and posters.
- Oversee the implementation of newspaper and online advertisements, direct mail packs, email campaigns, and brand continuity across websites.
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Microsoft Suite
- All Social Media Platforms