|Career Status:||Actively looking|
|Willing to relocate:|
|Willingness to travel:||Willing to travel|
- Tel: ➤ Login/Register to view the contact details.
Award-winning writer with nearly 30 years of experience creating and producing stageplays, self-published books, blogs and independent films, focused particularly in the areas of faith, cultural pride and social justice. Recognized as a highly creative and envelope-pushing artist who develops entertaining and engaging media that ignites transformative conversations.
D. Min., Christian Spirituality, 3.9/4.0, Columbia Theological Seminary, Decatur, GA.
M. Div., Homiletics and Worship, minor in Biblical Studies (Hebrew Bible), with honors, Gammon Seminary/The Interdenominational Theological Center, Atlanta, GA.
B.S., Public Relations, minor in Communication Studies, with honors, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL.
candi dugas, llc, Atlanta, GA
2007 – Present
– Craft messages of faith, freedom, and justice in a variety of forms from blogs to screenplays.
– Convene networks of people and organizations, distribute publications, and produce events that inform and empower people to live holistically healthy lives.
– Consult with nonprofits and small‐ to mid‐sized businesses (i.e., grant writing, ghostwriting, editing, administration and strategic planning).
– Selected achievements include Best Screenplay for Desire’s Kiss at the 2013 Urban Mediamakers Film Festival.
The Center for Working Families, Inc., Atlanta, GA
2005 – 2008
– Founding member of senior staff.
– Collaborated with agency stakeholders and vendors to design and implement the full scope of activities related to agency operations including strategic planning, financial management (multi-million dollar budget), evaluation, and sustainability.
– Managed staff of up to 10 people, employees and contractors.
– Major achievements include $1.2M office space renovation (10,000 sf), accounting system migration, deft handling of HR issues, and creation of marketing collaborative.
Ben Hill United Methodist Church, Atlanta, GA
2000 – 2005
– With increased responsibility:
– Directed several initiatives (communications, dance, drama, and overall department).
– Trained and coordinated assistant pastor’s support team of 12 volunteers.
– Managed staff of up to 30 people, employees and volunteers.
– Major responsibilities included worship programming design/implementation, long-range planning, ministry visioning, managing administrative duties ($.5M budget), and writing/publishing weekly/monthly bulletins, newsletters, and other publications.
- MS Office
- Social Media
- Strategic Planning
- Project Management
- Group Facilitation, Presentations, Public Speaking, Theology
Groups & Associations
- c4 Atlanta/ArtsForce, Church Within A Church Movement, Dramatists Guild, Faith Alliance of Metro Atlanta, Interfaith Community Initiatives, United Way of Atlanta Volunteer Involvement Program Alumna, Working Title Playwrights
- Basic French, Biblical Hebrew, English