- Tel: ➤ Login/Register to view the contact details.
As a Curriculum Developer and English as a Second Language (ESL) Instructor for several primary education institutions in South Korea, I have been able to sharpen my collaborative, creative, and administrative skills throughout the past six years. In addition to these tools, this work has also instilled in me an appreciation and desire to advocate for cultural exchange and understanding.
Now based in the United States, I am looking for a position in which I can bring my unique set of tools, inherent curiosity, and enthusiasm to a new role.
The College of Charleston Charleston, South Carolina
Graduate Certificate in Arts and Cultural Management (In Progress) Expected Completion May 2020
International TEFL and TESOL Training
TEFL Certification-100 hours (online) Sept. 2013
Keene State College Keene, New Hampshire
Bachelor of Arts in Studio Art May 2012
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology May 2012
International Exchange: Istituto Lorenzo de’ Medici, Florence, Italy Jan.-May 2011
VIPKIDS Feb. 2018-present
Freelance ESL Instructor/ Independent Contractor
- Taught a variety of English immersion courses to Chinese students ages 4-16 in an interactive 1-on-1 online classroom using total physical response, clear enunciation and appropriate expression.
- Communicated daily with parents and other instructors to assess student progress.
- Administered and scored assessments on a regular basis to evaluate student progress and identify areas that need improvement.
- Assessed new students in trial courses and recommended a placement level.
- Obtained an online TESOL certification specific to the VIPKID brand.
Kyung Hee Elementary School, Seoul, South Korea Mar. 2016-Feb. 2018
- Organized and taught up to 27 English language courses a week to students ages 8-12 in a variety of subjects such as speaking, listening, reading comprehension, writing, debate, and phonics.
- Coordinated various events such as speech contests, talent shows, school newspaper, and sports days.
- Collaborated with other instructors and institutional leadership by contributing to weekly staff meetings, creating additional supplementary materials for the curriculum, and working on team-oriented projects.
- Guided students and monitored progress through various online learning platforms in order to further improve their reading and comprehension scores.
Hans Edu Center, Seoul, South Korea Feb. 2015-Feb. 2016
- Created and taught up to 26 English language courses a week to students ages 5-12 in a variety of subjects including music, phonics, physical education, speaking, reading and writing, comprehension, and presentation skills.
- Created lesson plans based on the age, level, and interests of students.
- Used classroom management techniques to establish a creative and welcoming atmosphere in which students could learn in a comfortable and academic environment.
Hwarang Elementary School, Seoul, South Korea Mar. 2014-Feb. 2015
- Constructed and taught up to 24 English language courses a week to students ages 8-12 in a variety of subjects such as phonics, writing, comprehension, reading, speaking, presentation skills, drama, and debate.
- Closely monitored students’ progress and completed monthly evaluations, and semester report cards.
- Utilized Microsoft Excel to create weekly syllabi for each student to use as a reference.
J&S Academies: Avalon/ReadingStar, Gwangju, South Korea Aug. 2012-Nov. 2013
- Designed and taught up to 34 English language courses a week to students ages 8-16 in a variety of subjects including phonics, writing, comprehension, reading, speaking, presentation skills, and TOEFL prep.
- Wrote, edited, and published reading and writing workbooks exclusive to the academy.
- Created and proctored English exams in reading, essay writing, and phonetics for students aged 5–16.
- Worked closely with colleagues and upper management to establish solutions to assist struggling students and to further improve student retention rates.
Redfern Arts Center at Keene State College, Keene, NH Sept. 2008-May 2012
Marketing and Box Office Assistant
- Displayed excellent customer service skills by handling general inquiries and assisting patrons of the theater with event ticket purchases online, over the phone, and in person.
- Edited and distributed press releases to local businesses, media outlets, and other university departments.
- Delivered event posters in the community, designed displays for exhibit work, and photographed various events and functions.
- Handled office related duties such as filing, archiving, updating spreadsheets, and handling theater’s social media accounts.
C.R.E.A.T.E! The Center for Expressive Arts, Therapy and Education,
Manchester, NH June 2010-Jan. 2011
Office Management Intern
- Assisted the director with office management of a private mental health practice.
- Frequently employed Microsoft Excel and Office applications, as well as Google Drive, to streamline scheduling and other administrative tasks.
- Established a community-based art project that involved clients.
The Currier Art Center, Manchester, NH Aug. 2007-Aug. 2008
• Registered and tracked registration of students in classes during Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer sessions.
• Managed secretarial duties including receiving and sending mail, stocking supplies, and answering phones.
• Completed special tasks requested by the Director, the Program Manager, or the Office Administrator.
• Answered questions regarding specific classes by patrons to help aid their decisions.
- •Strong written and verbal communication skills
- •Experienced in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook), Adobe Creative Suite, MailChimp, Canva, and Wordpress
- •Excellent time management and ability to meet deadlines
- •Appreciation for cultural differences and awareness
- •Knowledgeable of Korean language and culture