|Career Status:||Open to new opportunities|
|Willing to relocate:|
|Willingness to travel:||Willing to travel|
- Tel: ➤ Login/Register to view the contact details.
Influential and passionate communicator with over 23 years’ experience building relationships and elevating reputations through authentic team leadership, creative service delivery, and meticulous follow-through.
Master of Arts – Arts & Entertainment Administration
Expected May 2019
Bachelor of Arts – Music, German
Valparaiso University Office of Information Technology, Valparaiso, IN 1999 – Present
Valparaiso University is a selective, independent Lutheran institution not far from Chicago where passion meets purpose, and students discover their paths to lifelong personal, spiritual, and professional growth.
Manager of IT Communications | Manager of Client Relations
Hand-picked for a new role requiring exceptional communications skills focused on promoting technology services to campus. Strategize and actualize departmental messaging through varied channels, including written, online, and face-to-face methods. Administer, champion, and propel use of the Lynda.com® from LinkedIn online training library.
• Expanded brand awareness through consistent, strategic multi-year messaging and pioneering a student position to assist with content creation and peer engagement on new social media channels.
• Orchestrated completion of local administrator rights removal project to secure campus office computers against cyber risks.
• Solely responsible for the annual cyber security awareness campaign incorporating comprehensive delivery channels. Consistency of messaging has led to virtual elimination of University community members falling victim to phishing scams.
• Engineered joining the pilot of the Lynda.com/LinkedIn Student Learning Ambassador Program as the first American campus, leading to a 25% increase in student course completions the first year.
• Develop, deploy, and summarize biennial TechQual+ customer satisfaction survey to inform and guide departmental strategic planning processes.
Manager of Help Desk Services | Assistant Coordinator of Help Desk Services | Help Desk Specialist
Over a 10 year span, promoted from entry level position to full responsibility for management of all Help Desk operations. Practiced authentic leadership in mentoring student employees, including hiring, training, coaching, and discipline.
• Drove RFP and roll-out processes to replace ticketing system to reduce cost and complexity and achieve higher satisfaction levels with internal processes.
• Redesigned and rebuilt existing ticketing system in compressed timeframe and began implementation of ITSM and ITIL principles.
• Co-developed expansion of student positions to provide career growth opportunities and give students unique opportunities to develop skills applicable in life after graduation.
Valparaiso University Martin Luther King Steering Committee, Valparaiso, IN 2013 – 2015
The Valparaiso University community annually gathers to collectively celebrate, commemorate, and reflect on the work of Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. and actively continue furthering his ideals.
Appointed to co-lead coordination of this signature University event and broaden ownership of MLK and diversity activities by bringing a fresh perspective and innovative ideas. Motivated 16 sub-committees to plan a week’s worth of events each year, revitalizing campus enthusiasm and participation in all activities. Compiled and published detailed comprehensive annual reports for University administration to ensure smooth succession planning.
• Finished under budget with a surplus for successors through careful stewardship of resources and targeted fundraising.
• University President stated the 2015 event was “one of the best of all time” after witnessing a turnaround from a “captive audience” to a “willing audience,” as evidenced by standing room only attendance in the 1800-seat Chapel of the Resurrection.
Discoveries Unlimited, Valparaiso, IN 2009 – 2011
A non-profit organization designed to provide STEM mentoring opportunities to middle school girls.
Co-Founder | Program Director | Board Secretary
Recruited due to extraordinary organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail. Co-facilitated every aspect of the organization’s birth, including filing articles of incorporation, development of the Board of Directors, building the program, recruiting the initial cohort of mentors and students, and launching the inaugural mentoring partnerships.
• Collaborated in developing the organization’s mission, vision, program structure, goals, and assessments by envisioning the finished product and working backward.
• Authored the organization’s by-laws leading to approval of 501(c)3 status.
- Strategic Communications
- Client Relations
- Customer Service
- Content Creation/Editing
- Cross-Functional Team Leadership
- Event Planning
- Public Speaking
- Change Management
- Technical Documentation
- Issue Resolution
- Process Improvement
- communication, Customer Service, Leadership, Music
Groups & Associations
- English (Fluent), German