Curator, Manager, Talent Acquisition
- Tel: ➤ Login/Register to view the contact details.
Curator, arts facilitator, and manager with 20+ years of experience and a noteworthy track record in contemporary arts and music non-profits. Skilled forward-thinking organizer and decision-maker with a passion for radical inclusion and equitability. Masterful at implementing creative and effective problem solving and excelling in customer concerns resolution. Highly knowledgeable in researching and acquiring diverse talent, managing artist relations, and celebrity wrangling. Strong team leader recognized for commanding large events and producing positive and profitable outcomes. Clear communicator, both written and verbal, performing efficiently with little to no supervision.
College of Santa Fe | Bachelor of Arts, Experimental Curation, magna cum laude
Meow Wolf, Santa Fe, NM | Artist Liaison, Manager on Duty
JUNE 2017 – APRIL 2020
Immersive experience company focusing on permanent exhibitions and extended reality content.
• Researched and developed relationships with hundreds of artists for possible inclusion into exhibits, focusing on radical inclusion and equitability as well as artistic merit.
• Traveled for face-to-face meetings with institutions, non-profits, and artists, forming long-term relationships, overseeing contracting, and developing potential new connections.
• Supervised a daily crew of 15-25 rotating employees who assisted thousands of weekly visitors and helped team in exceeding multi-million-dollar quarterly sales goals on a regular basis.
• Implemented fast and flexible changes to ticketing and queuing, saving hours of visitor wait time and resulting in increased ticket sales and customer satisfaction.
• Highly skilled in resolving challenging customer concerns.
AHA Festival of Progressive Arts, Santa Fe, NM | Co-Founder and Curator
JANUARY 2011 – NOVEMBER 2016
Annual alternative arts and music festival in Santa Fe, NM focusing on emerging artists.
• Co-created the largest alternative arts and music festival in the Southwest during its time, as a financially self-sufficient non-profit, hosting hundreds of artists, musicians, and vendors.
• Helped design and oversee a competitive juried system to curate hundreds of yearly submissions.
• Co-supervised and organized team of 40+ volunteers in installation, security, and staging.
• Assisted in marketing and advertising campaigns drawing five thousand plus annual attendees.
SITE Santa Fe, Santa Fe, NM | SITE Guide
SEPTEMBER 2013 – APRIL 2014
Non-profit museum focusing on new development in contemporary art and educational programs.
• Educated visitors by stimulating a high level of discourse concerning contemporary art meaning and influence and exploring multiple perspectives of art and culture on an international scale.
• Assisted in the securing and preservation of valuable artworks and installations.
Asia Now Film, Santa Fe, NM | Co-Founder and Curator
APRIL 2010 – FEBRUARY 2012
Contemporary Asian film import and exhibition group founded in partnership with Tidepoint Pictures.
• Curated rare and important contemporary Asian cinema brought to the USA for the first time.
• Facilitated the exhibition of films in a series of successful showcases with hundreds of attendees.
• Created marketing and advertising campaigns that increased audiences 180% in under a year.
The End of Being, Online | Founder and Editor
OCTOBER 2009 – PRESENT
International alternative arts and culture website.
• Designed and managed website cultivating an international daily readership of thousands.
• Hired and oversaw 30+ writers, editors, and weekly contributors to the website.
• Developed articles and interviews with many emerging alternative figures and celebrities.
• Designed and implemented sub-rosa marketing, growing traffic 220% in the first two years.
The MOV-iN Gallery, Santa Fe, NM | Director and Curator
JANUARY 2008 – DECEMBER 2011
Exhibition space devoted to New Media, video art, installation art, and time-based artworks.
• Recruited by previous Director to be the MOV-iN’s new Director and Curator.
• Procured recognized artists to create work specifically for the MOV-iN Gallery.
• Created marketing campaigns that grew subscriber lists by 300% in a year’s time.
• Expanded operational budgets enabling the increased solicitation of artists by more than 40%.
The Process, Santa Fe, NM | Founder and Curator
APRIL 2006 – APRIL 2016
Not-for-profit arts and music organization focusing on festivals, concerts, and alternative culture.
• Played a key role in revitalizing alternative culture in the region, bringing 300+ musicians and artists to perform in Santa Fe from around the world, many for the first time.
• Organized events bringing upwards of 500+ attendees to local institutions and venues.
• Regularly featured in local alt-weeklies as Pick of the Week, garnering a large, loyal following.
Candyman Records, Santa Fe, NM | Manager and Purchaser
MARCH 2004 – JANUARY 2008 (record store now closed)
50+ year old music, film, electronics, and instrument center.
• Doubled sales of the legendary 50+ year old record store in under two years.
• Designed, purchased, and maintained inventory valued over a million dollars.
• Hired, trained, and evaluated all employees including Assistant Managers.
• Created advertising and marketing promotions for the unique needs of Santa Fe with an increase in sales of 20-25%.
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Google Docs (G Suite)
- Ableton Live
- Social Media
- event production, ideation, Operations Management, Research and Development, Strategic planning, Talent Acquisition, Talent Relations, Talent Scout, Team Leading
Groups & Associations
- Meow Wolf