|Career Status:||Actively looking|
|Willing to relocate:|
|Willingness to travel:||Local opportunities only|
- Tel: ➤ Login/Register to view the contact details.
An art professional interested in pursuing a career in Fine Art and Art History. Adept in researching, theory, and writing.
I am a Canadian student who studies at the University of Guelph in Ontario, finishing my thesis on Speculative Realism and Conceptual Art in the Masters of Art History and Visual Culture program. I have a BFA from the University of Waterloo in Ontario, where I studied studio art and philosophy. I recently moved to the United States, specifically to New York city, in order to gain new experience, and immerse myself in the art and culture of Modern and Contemporary art.
“A Dematerialization of the Art Object: Its Consequence in the Discipline of Art History and Thereafter,” in ARTHattack, University of Guelph, 2014 (forthcoming)
2013 College of Arts Travel and Research Grant, University of Guelph
2013 College of Arts Dean’s Scholarship, University of Guelph
2013 Masters Growth Fund Entrance Scholarship, University of Guelph
I directed three tutorials in “The Visual Arts Today,” an introductory Contemporary Art course, where I work with students to grasp concepts of social and political influence and apply them in the analysis of Contemporary art work.
• I directed three tutorials in “Art Historical Studies II” an introductory Art History course, where I worked with students to grasp concepts of historiography and contextualization from works spanning the 14th century to the 20th century.
• Instructor at Kitchener Michael’s store, where I organized, promoted and taught principles of design and art, and acrylic handling in Still Life, Floral, and Landscape
• Assisted the curator in the packaging and handling and installation of exhibitions and organization of the gallery catalogue. Assisted the director of education in promoting awareness to art and culture in the K-W area and worked with children in the play with clay program.
• Extensive freelance graphic design experience with various customers in Kitchener:
• creating promotional event flyers for AVON great-lakes district
• designed promotional poster, curatorial statement as curator for UW show ‘Perception’
• designed business logo and signs for ‘Tambaché’ artisan jewelry and craft business
- Public Speaking, Researching, Writing
- English (Fluent), Fluent in Spanish