Experienced Theatre Practitioner
|Career Status:||Actively looking|
|Willing to relocate:|
|Willingness to travel:||Fairly willing to travel|
- Tel: ➤ Login/Register to view the contact details.
Accomplished performer, voice actor, writer, teacher, and producer with fifteen years of experience in more than a dozen New York City theatre productions, over two dozen film, tv, digital media, and commercial productions, and three different K-12 schools. Experience includes work casting, directing, acting, voice work and producing original film productions, as well as extensive work as both a playwright and a sketch writer. Additionally, experience includes work as an acting and long-form improvisation teacher – both for adults and high school age students, and as a recreational arts teacher for children ranging from kindergarten to eighth grade.
New York University, MA in Educational Theatre (4.0 GPA), 2016
Upright Citizens Brigade, Graduate of the improvisation program, 2011
HB Studios, Scene Study, Technique, Camera Acting, 2008
Vassar College, B.A. in Psychology, Studio Art minor, 2003
New York University, New York, NY 2016
• Responsible for helping to grade, assess, lesson-plan, lecture, aid the curriculum, and communicate with students in a Spring term graduate level course entitled Creating Ethnodrama: Theory & Practice, under Professor Joe Salvatore. Close work and collaboration with the professor was also required.
Serious Weasel Comedy, New York, NY 2011 – Present
Co-creator, writer, performer, producer
• Responsible for – along with two other partners – writing, performing, and producing original sketch comedy for distribution on the Internet.
• Produced over thirty finished sketches while continuing to develop more for future production.
Saint Ann’s School, Brooklyn, NY 2004 – Present
Theatre Teacher, Adult Education Instructor, Recreational Arts Teacher, Varsity Baseball Coach – Creator and instructor of the school’s long-form improvisation course, a theatre instructor for a self-designed course in adult education, a member of the school’s recreational arts department, head coach of the varsity baseball team, responsible for over two hundred grade-school students, over twenty-five high school students, and approximately twelve adult students a year.
• Solely responsible for the creation, curriculum, planning and teaching of the school’s first and only long-form improvisation seminar for high school students of all ages. The course is intended to introduce and develop the core principals of the long-form technique.
• Solely responsible for the coordination and direction of a year-end long-form improvisation student performance that is a culmination of the work the students have done over the academic year.
“Second Course” Instructor
• Responsible for all curriculum and planning of a self-designed course created for adults, teaching the basic principles of long-form improvisation.
Recreational Arts Teacher
• Responsible for the physical education of over two hundred students each year, ranging from kindergarten to eighth grade, in a team teaching setting. Teachers work together to develop and carry out new and creative lesson plans specific to each student’s level and ability.
• Solely responsible for the physical education of one, twenty-student third grade class, in charge of planning their education for the entire academic year in a class that meets three times a week.
Varsity Baseball Coach
• Responsible for scheduling all games and practices throughout a three month season for the high school’s varsity team, as well as helping to schedule and develop the school’s middle school and junior varsity teams.
• Responsible for the proper development, education, and well being of the high school’s varsity team, six days a week for three months spanning the end of February to the end of May, as well as all parental communication throughout the entire calendar year.
• Responsible for coordination between colleges, players, parents, and the school’s college office for any potential college bound players.
• Responsible for coordinating and leading all aspects – budget, parental communication, air & ground transportation, lodging & meals, schedule coordination – of the team’s annual Spring training trip to Florida.
Cantor & Pecorella, Inc., New York, NY 2002 – 2004
Real Estate Agent, Sales & Rentals – Off-site and on-site agent in both sales and rentals of high-end condominium apartments throughout New York City.
90W Luxury High-Rise, On-site Sales Team Member
• Part of a five-member team responsible for the sale of all units in a newly converted luxury high-rise building in downtown Manhattan.
Off-site Rental Agent
• Responsible for renting out multiple units in various luxury buildings throughout the downtown area of Manhattan.
- Studio Art
- public speaking, Team management
- Conversational Spanish