Artistic Administrator, Program Manager, Artistic Planning Coordinator
- Tel: ➤ Login/Register to view the contact details.
Performing Arts Administrator with ten years of experience in areas ranging from artistic planning, operations, production, budgeting, grant process (application, implementation, reporting), and support of in demand artists and executives in all aspects of their career. Known for strong skills in handling talent/VIP, learn quickly, problem solving, and creating a team-oriented environment.
Thornton School of Music, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 2009
- Master of Music – Classical Guitar Performance
Cleveland Institute of Music, Cleveland, OH 2007
- Bachelor of Music – Classical Guitar Performance
THE MUSIC CENTER, Los Angeles, CA 04/2017 – Present
Senior Administrative Assistant, Programming and Community Engagement
- Daily support of three executives including the Artistic Advisor, V.P. of Presentations and Education, and V.P. of Community Engagement. Serve as liaison to the Education and Festival Committees and the executive team’s strategic planning project.
- Support the programming team as contract administrator, secure foreign artists’ visas, and monitor department’s budget.
- Work with each Los Angeles County Supervisor’s office to connect and engage arts deputies, commissioners and decision makers with The Music Center’s programming and education departments to cultivate countywide programming efforts in education and community outreach.
ARANJUEZ ARTISTS, INC., Glendale, CA 2015 – 2017
Managing Director and Founder, Artist Management and Publicity
- Founded a boutique agency to provide promotion and strategic career planning to emerging and young artists. Prospected on a daily basis to secure concert bookings, negotiated fees, issued and executed contracts.
- Secured radio interviews, magazine cover features or interviews, and designed email or social media marketing campaigns. Obtained visa for foreign artists, prepared applicable tax forms, set up merchandise and sales services in coordination with labels and their distributors.
UNIVERSAL MUSIC GROUP, Santa Monica, CA 05/2015 – 10/2015
Administrative Assistant, Film and TV Music Marketing and Licensing
- Maintained high level of accuracy to obtain licensing approvals of songs from artists’ management and reported approved clearances back to business office’s attorneys within a few hours and up to 48 hours.
- Pitched music daily to Film and TV networks and tracked a large database of prospects, placements, daily-approved song clearances, artists’ licensing earnings reports, new album releases, and Film and TV releases.
PHILHARMONIC SOCIETY OF ORANGE COUNTY, Irvine, CA 2013 – 2015
Artistic Administrator and Operations Manager
- Supported the President and Artistic Director’s office correspondence and daily business affairs; tasked with season planning, secured bookings of high profile soloists, chamber groups, and orchestras in communication with management agencies, collaboration with local presenting organization partners, local arts council, and company’s executive board, Chief Development Officer, V.P. of Marketing, Director of Finance, and Education department.
- Contract administrator, producer (invoicing and budget tracking, sourced vendors, tech rider pricing) and stayed within budget for all concerts and events at Segerstrom Center for the Arts three concert halls, Laguna Playhouse, and Irvine Barclay Theatre.
- As Laguna Beach Music Festival board member and artistic advisor led the development and implementation of marketable programming that achieved multiple sold-out performances with overall increased ticket sales compared to prior years. Led the search and finalized contracting of the 2015 Artistic Director designee group and oversaw delegation of artistic and operations duties between departments of PSOC and Laguna Playhouse.
OPUS 3 ARTISTS, LLC, Los Angeles, CA 2009 – 2013
Managerial Assistant to Executive V.P. Manager of Artists and Conductors
- Increased LA office’s speed and efficiency to issue and execute contracts of its client roster. Produced invoices, tracked, received, and processed payments, royalties, and residuals. Enhanced communication between manager and clients by integration of Google calendar with an internal calendar for management of long-range planning and heavy international travel.
- Prioritized and booked domestic and international travel to produce detailed client itineraries each week and stayed within contracted budgets and expedited expense reimbursements.
- Provided full administrative support to two managers plus management of office and correspondence with major orchestras and performing arts venues worldwide. Tracked bookings; assisted with special projects and interfaced daily with managers, and industry contacts; provided personal assistance to executive V.P. when needed.
- Expert in Microsoft – Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, Excel, and QuickBooks
- Time management
- Excellent guest services, sales, and people skills
- Fast and adept learner- effective adaptability to workplace changes and evolution.
- Artistic Planning, Budget management, Community outreach, contracting, Public Speaking, Team Management
- English (Fluent), Farsi