|Career Status:||Actively looking|
|Willing to relocate:|
|Willingness to travel:||Willing to travel|
- Tel: ➤ Login/Register to view the contact details.
Highly skilled in working with data and research.
JOHNS HOPKINS UNIVERSITY
Jan 2016-May 2018
Master of Arts in Museum Studies
• Core Aspects of Conservation; Professor approved and published an article on Wikipedia entitled “Conservation and Restoration of Papyrus” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservation_and_restoration_of_papyrus.
Oct 2011-Sept 2012
Master of Arts in Archaeology
• Thesis title “Textual, Artistic and Archaeological evidence for Achaemenid arms and armor”
AMERICAN UNIVERSITY IN CAIRO (AUC)
Sept 2005-May 2010
Bachelor of Arts in Egyptology
• Worked as a research assistant to Dr. Lisa Sabbahy to prepare for “Human Remains in Ancient Egypt” conference.
• Received maximum score on Muesology project, “Designing an exhibition of Ancient Egyptian Military”, which was demonstrated to the class, including the Head of the Egyptology department.
THE EGYPT EXPLORATION SOCIETY (EES)
Certificate in Museum Exhibitions Design (Level I and II) March 2015-April 2015
• Project title “Egypt outside Egypt: Egyptian culture and finds in Campania”, which was presented to the class, including the head of the Children’s Museum in Cairo and a top member in ICOM (International Council of Museums).
Certificate in Museum Collections Management Dec 2015-Jan 2016
THE EGYPTIAN MUSEUM IN CAIRO
Aug 2015−July 2016
Assisted curator by inspecting labels for museum objects; identifying missing labels; editing the labels for the museum’s objects. Assisted the Repatriated Objects exhibition for 2014-2015 by translating the panel text from Arabic to English and in choosing the right cases for housing the objects. Edited a letter addressed to the ambassador of Brazil regarding a proposal for a traveling exhibition and a 100-plus page condition report for objects of a traveling exhibition to Japan.
Aug 2015−Mar 2016
Registrar Assistant – Registration, Collection Management and Documentation Department (RCMDD)
Inventoried collection objects within the Museum’s galleries; digitally renamed and imported object photographs into the museum database system (EMu) to complete object records; conducted First Pass (renaming of object title, arranging the pages in the multimedia tab, and searching for the object location in the database) for hundreds of museum objects.
PATRONS OF THE EGYPTIAN MUSEUM IN CAIRO (PEMC)
Dec 2014−Sept 2015
Head of Committee of Volunteers and Recruitment
Successful liaison with department/committee heads recruiting volunteering candidates; successfully recruited for the Museum and Education Committees.
Dec 2013−Dec 2014
Researched and compiled four documents containing detailed information on 13 museum artifacts that were stolen during the Egyptian Revolution in 2011; raised public awareness about the looted items to help in their recovery, which worked to contribute in the return of four priceless antiquities; assisted in the creation of an online exhibition for 17 objects from the Tanis Collection at the Egyptian Museum on PEMC’s Facebook page.
THEBAN MAPPING PROJECT
Apr 2014 – June 2015
Provided research for a gazetteer of all archaeological sites across Egypt to provide bibliographic and basic archaeological information for all past and present archaeological projects in Egypt; Utilized Google Earth and mapping tools to identify sites, report locations, and provided descriptive information; Successfully researched for over 30 archaeological sites.
CENTER FOR DOCUMENTATION OF CULTURAL AND NATURAL HERITAGE (CULTNAT)
Nov 2010 – Aug 2011
Research Assistant – The Photographic Memory of Egypt Project (PME)
Contributed in the development of a comprehensive database of Egyptian photographic collections, which was a part of a project aiming to conserve and restore old Egyptian photographs. Initiated contact with holders of photographs, which included museums, educational institutes, cultural centers and private owners. Interviewed educational institute to determine type, condition, purpose, and quantity of photographs.
- Microsoft Office (10 years experience)
- Photography (8 years experience)
- FileMaker Pro (1 year experience)
- EMu (1 year experience)
- Collection Management, Curatorial, data entry, Research
- Arabic, English