Operations and Visitor Services
|Career Status:||Actively looking|
|Willing to relocate:|
|Willingness to travel:||Willing to travel|
- Tel: ➤ Login/Register to view the contact details.
An emerging museum professional with combined experience in security, visitor services and collections management; penchant for team-based and diplomatic leadership strategies with a focus on delivering well-rounded visitor experiences. Demonstrated reliability, professionalism and zeal for the museum and cultural heritage field. Seeking further opportunities in the areas of operations or cultural asset management.
M.A. Museum Studies, The Johns Hopkins University, 2012
B.F.A. History of Art, Sculpture, Magna Cum Laude, Moore College of Art & Design, 2008
A.A. Fine Arts, Bucks County Community College, 2005
James A. Michener Art Museum, October 2013 – present
– Member of the security team for From Philadelphia to Monaco: Grace Kelly Beyond the Icon
– Primary responsibilities included public safety, collections access, and communications with team, staff, visitors, members, tour operators and contractors.
– Patrolled museum complex and grounds, ensured security of access points.
– Monitored traffic flow, circulation of visitors, members, contractors, etc.
– Served at stationary posts as well as high traffic areas.
– Conducted walk-through, preparing the galleries for daily operations.
– Provided end-user assistance with AV equipment and interpretive devices.
– Evening Facility Rentals, weddings, corporate events, etc.
– First-Aid, CPR, AED certified
Mercer Museum, 2009 – 2012
Operations and Visitor Services
– Supervised Visitor Services, Museum Shop, Spruance Library staff and Volunteers.
– Responsible for front-of-house operations and museum-wide functions in lieu of Senior staff, disarming and arming security system, response to alarms.
– Oversaw safety of the visiting public and staff on premises.
– Cross-trained Visitor Services and Museum Shop staff on VISTA Ticketmaster, the Retailer POS systems.
– Monitored employee morale and performance with regard to cash-handling, end-of-day reconciliations, customer interactions.
– Implemented “Start-Up” meetings.
– Efficiently resolved issues with server maintenance.
– Site responsibilities included preventative maintenance of Mercer Museum complex and grounds; off-site storage facility.
– Remained a highly visible presence on museum floor during interpretive programs, corporate events, tour group visitations, etc; monitored traffic flow.
– Resolved customer-service, security and emergency situations with composure.
– Oversaw logistics of historical reenactments, corporate meetings, weddings and lectures.
– Served as the main point of contact for internal department communications, event catering staff, tour operators, contractors and others utilizing the site.
– Provided orientations to site for diverse tour groups.
– First-Aid, CPR, AED certified.
Mercer Museum and Fonthill Castle, 2008 – 2012
Visitor Services Associate
– Professionally marketed the Museum’s brand identity; communicated its mission, history and relevance to diverse audience segments.
– Responsible for front-of-house security, cash handling procedures.
– Built a strong knowledge of POS systems, Microsoft Office applications.
– Instructed visitors in the use of Acoustiguide Audio tour wands.
– General Admission, Museum Shop and Membership sales.
– Assisted tour operators with group visitation.
– Replenished inventory for Museum Shop.
– Responsible for clear cross-departmental communications during exhibition openings, Members and corporate events, tour group visits, children’s camps.
Mercer Museum, 2007
Collections Management Intern
– Object handling at Collections Study and Storage Center of Mercer Museum.
– Acquired a strong working knowledge of CuadraSTAR
– Provenance research
– Condition Reports
– WW I Bond pin acquisition, donor interview
– Cross-Keys Barbershop sign acquisition, donor interview
– Photographing of artifacts
– Packing and unpacking of artifacts and exhibition materials, preparing for transportation via vehicle from storage facility to Museum.
– Preparing accession file content to be deployed as accessible online database.
o “The Rescue of the Colors” (2005)
o “Dolls From the Attic” (2006)
o “A World of Things”: The Mercer Museum A – Z (2011) Audience Research Initiative
Moore College of Art & Design, 2007
Student Manager, Metal Fabrication Shop
– Demonstrated a strong working knowledge of the use of power tools, oxyacetylene and TIG welding, fabrication applications and techniques.
– Responsible for timely opening and closing of shop, learned basic maintenance of machinery, informed Shop Technician of inventory needs
– Implemented safe working practices, provided assistance to students utilizing the facilities.
Mercer Museum, 2005
Volunteer, Curatorial Department
M.A. Museum Studies – The Johns Hopkins University, 2012
B.F.A. History of Art – Moore College of Art & Design, 2008
A.A. Fine Arts – Bucks County Community College, 2005
Audience Research Initiative: “More Beyond”: Understanding the Visitor Experience in ‘A World of Things: The Mercer Museum A to Z’, 2011
Software Programs: VISTA Ticketmaster, The Retailer POS, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CuadraSTAR, Audacity.
M.A. courses in: Museum Marketing and Communications, Audience Research and Evaluation; the Business of Museums
AWARDS AND COMMENDATIONS
Recipient of the 2007 Art History Department Award for highest GPA in major
Recipient of the 2010 American Alliance of Museums MUSE Award for collaborative podcast in Student Category
Deborah S. Ziska, Chief of Press and Public Information, National Gallery of Art, firstname.lastname@example.org
Molly W. Lowell, Executive Vice President, Operations and Communications, Mercer Museum of the Bucks County Historical Society, 215-345-0210, ext. 135, email@example.com
Phyllis Hecht, Program Director, Museum Studies; Johns Hopkins University, 202-452-1968, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Communications,Detail and task oriented, leadership, supervisory, keen observation, diplomatic, VISTA Ticketmaster POS, Microsoft Word, Excel, CuadraSTAR
Groups & Associations
- American Alliance of Museums