|Career Status:||Actively looking|
|Willing to relocate:|
|Willingness to travel:||Willing to travel|
- Tel: ➤ Login/Register to view the contact details.
Methodical, award-winning, and seasoned professional; offering an unparalleled commitment to seeing art and graphic design projects through from concept to completion.
Technically skilled in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Sarah Lawrence College- Bronxville, NY;
Major in sculpture;1983- BA
- Temple University and Cleveland Institute of Art-Rome Italy and Lacoste, France; 1981-1982 junior year abroad
- School of Visual Arts New York, NY; 1990-1992 Certification in computer graphics and Illustration.
- Columbia University, Teachers College-Art & Art Education Program, New York, NY; 2015-Ed.M.
- Coursework in art:
- SUNY Purchase- Purchase, NY; cartooning; 1984
- Fashion Institute of Technology- New York, NY; textile design; 1986
- New York University- New York, NY; 3D Scientific Illustration; 2005
- Columbia University, School of Continuing Education; Sculpture; 2008-2010
Office of Public Affairs
Art Director of the publication The Record
2007 to present
- Collaboratively work with Editorial Team to simultaneously manage and complete multiple projects
within strict deadlines
- Play a pivotal role in ensuring various aspects of graphic design work comply with specifications of the
Office of the Communications and Public Affairs and other university clients
- Demonstrate industry expertise in utilizing design software including Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, InDesign, Muse.
Oxford University Press,
Design Project Manager
9/2005 – 1/2007
- Managed the development, design and production of companion books for Step Forward, an English as a Second Language book series, as well as for the teacher books: Open Forum, Lecture Ready, Effective Academic Writing and Grammar Sense.
- Negotiated with vendors and interfaced daily with suppliers, in-house graphics departments, and freelancers.
- Created production plans and schedules; executed and adjusted the plans as necessary to meet bound book dates, and attended regular status meetings.
- Managed large art programs; attended art meetings to select photography and illustration for projects; supervised in-house production artists, oversaw outside freelancers and book packagers, made sample sketches and gave constructive feedback to illustrators.
The Education People Inc.,
9/1995 – 8/2005
- Designed, illustrated and prepared for production thematically integrated educational awareness gift products and publications for the K-12 educational market. Products included: gifts ie: mugs, pads, lapel pins, medallions, notepads, pens, cards, tote bags, t-shirts, banners, posters, videos, promotional mailings, catalog graphics, I increased revenue through completion of innovative design concepts; total quantity of product doubled.
- Managed the manufacturing of all items; heavy contact with US and overseas vendors.
- Engaged in heavy market research, analyzed and brainstormed product concepts with the president and vice president and followed through to high-quality completion.
- Expert knowledge of graphic design processes both traditional on and digital. Currently using Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator as well as Microsoft Word and PowerPoint,
- Skilled in design project management.
- Skilled in hand drawing, painting. and sculpting.
- Scientific illustration
- Italian (fluent), some French, some Portuguese