Museum / Gallery
- Tel: ➤ Login/Register to view the contact details.
Work experience includes museum, auction house and art studio assistance. Have great writing and communication skills.
UC Berkeley, B.A. English, 1984
Marlborough School, 1981
Los Angeles County Museum of Art
Curatorial Assistant for the Department of European Painting and Sculpture
March 1993 – July 2001
• Functioned as the primary liaison between the two departmental curators and all
other museum departments.
• Coordinated with Press Office written/visual materials for press releases and the monthly members’ publication.
• Prepared didactic panels for department’s collection.
• Coordinated with Registrar’s Office the movement of objects for loans, conservation, photography and incoming possible acquisitions.
• Compiled written and photographic materials for docents touring visitors through the permanent collection and temporary exhibitions.
• Assisted preparing materials for proposed exhibitions, travelling exhibitions and their accompanying catalogs.
• Extensive travel arrangements and expense tracking.
December 1990 – January 1991
• Prepared hundreds of canvases for large-scale conceptual piece to be shown in Summer 1991, NY (Metro Pictures).
• Executed preparatory drawings for exhibits in New York (Whitney Bienniel), Milan, Nice and Los Angeles.
• Prepared and assisted in execution of large-scale work featuring silkscreens for Helter Skelter at MOCA.
• Assisted in preparing works of art for publication (Flash Art, ArtIssues).
Susan Martin Public Relations/Smart Art Press
Public Relations Assistant/Copy Writer
December 1990 – June 1991
• Prepared press releases promoting art galleries and non-profit charitable causes (including Amfar).
• Assisted in compiling fine art photography for books featuring the work of Baron de Meyer and George Hurrell in coordination with G. Ray Hawkins Gallery.
• Prepared monthly expense account reports, accounts payable and receivable.
• Converted and expanded national promotions database.
• Consulted with local press regarding features placement.
Assistant to Property Control
March 1987 – August 1990
• Liaison with all specialists, their departments and the LIC press.
• Oversaw the five stages of publication process for sales catalogues averaging roughly 14 catalogues per year.
- Microsoft platforms
- Social Media platforms
- art criticism in US and UK arts publications
- English, French, Spanish