Apparel & Costume Development
- Tel: ➤ Login/Register to view the contact details.
Advanced skill level in draping, patternmaking, cutting, fitting, construction and sewing.
Lisa Faith Apparel & Costume Designer
Los Angeles Area mobile: 818-207-5905 email: email@example.com website/portfolio: http://www.lisafaith.portfoliobox.net
Accomplished and dynamic manager level apparel product development expert with 30+ years’ of progressive experience and expertise in the development of apparel product lines across many product categories, fabrications and price points. Effective and strong leader of design and pre-production teams with a talent for creating efficient and accurate execution of product through all phases of the development cycle.
Lifton Institute of Media Arts & Sciences Castaic, CA Costume Design
Rhode Island School of Design Providence, RI BFA Fashion Design
Hampshire College Amherst, MA Humanities & Arts
Pima Community College Tucson , AZ Graphic & Web design
• Responsibilities include: development of collection, including design, fitting, patterns & coordination of design team. Managed the recycled clothing & fabric programs. Assisted in special projects including exhibits, events, & fundraisers with special collection development for clients such as The Cooper-Hewitt Smithsonian Museum, Dover Street Market, Commes des Garcon, Egg, J. Crew, and Santa Monica Museum of Art, among many others. Worked in collaboration with many prominent artists & designers. Traveled to India for bi-yearly meetings with vendors for product development and business meetings.
• Assisted the designer with styling and fitting, and managed pre-production process & team for this stunningly creative and unique designer collection. Accomplishments include inventing cutting edge fabric treatments and trims.
• Assistant to the designer & design room management and pre-production development of a better women’s clothing line, with two retail stores (NY & LA) and a web site on the Internet. Expanded line & increased sales at both retail & wholesale levels. Product earned many editorials in all the major fashion magazines.
• While working for Product, also trained on & developed a GGT CAD curriculum for a private fashion design college & taught courses in fashion design.
• Designer, Firenze & Positano divisions, women’s leather sportswear & outerwear. Accomplishments include: increased sales 30% in the first year due to an increase of doing business with private label clients including: Esprit, bebe, Banana Republic, Eddie Bauer, Saks, Macy’s, Nordstrom, Victoria’s Secret, Tannery West, Wilson’s, and Harley Davidson and getting the line out on schedule to all salesmen. Managed all design room personnel & staff. Developed successful & innovative leather/fabric combinations for lower price point markets.
• Owner/Designer of a childrenswear company, featuring coordinating knit, woven & leather items. Designed all products, including logo, packaging and labels and advertising.
North Beach Leather
• Designer & Studio Manager of women’s & men’s leather import sportswear & outerwear for NBL’s 11 retail stores. Increased sales significantly by evolving NBL from a private label (outside vendors) retailer to an internal product development manufacturer. Set up & managed the LA design studio. Traveled overseas to source skins & trims and to expedite manufacturing.
- • Versatile designer & patternmaker with many years of experience in a broad spectrum of design, market categories & manufacturing solutions
- • Successful management of product development teams, including supervising, motivating and efficiently organizing team multi-tasking activities, with experience in business management
- • Research, development & execution of wholesale & retail product through all phases of production
- • Technical & artistic skills in 2d & 3d design, including illustration, technical design, textile prints, dyeing, developing apparel & accessories, fitting, draping, patternmaking & grading
- • Experienced development of garment lines for wholesale, retail & private label vendors
- • Overseas & domestic travel to facilitate sourcing, development and production
- • Computer literacy on both Mac & PC platforms, including AIMS, ApparelMagic, Photoshop, Illustrator, Microsoft Office & Gerber CAD
- design, draping, fitting, patternmaking, sewing construction
Groups & Associations
- Gerber Garment Technology Certification
Apparel & Costume Development Resume