Visual Merchandiser / Store Planner / Event Planner / Artist /painter
|Career Status:||Actively looking|
|Willingness to travel:||Fairly willing to travel|
- Leroy Morvant Art on Etsy:
I am a self starter and my specialty is creating something from nothing. I have experience as a Visual Merchandise Manager, Store Planner, Buyer, Events Planner, Internet Merchandiser and I am an artist/painter.
- visual merchandiser
- visual merchandiser 27+yrs
- store planner 25+yrs
- buyer 20+yrs
- project manager 15+yrs
- business owner 20+yrs
- event planner 13+yrs
- holiday decor/installations 27+yrs
- loss prevention 20+yrs
- inventory control 20+yrs
- management 20+yrs
EDUCATION: B.A. Visual Arts & Humanities (focus on painting and commercial art)
RETAIL STORE; I created and operated a high-end gift wrap store in the Houston Galleria.
ARTIST: Currently I promote and sell my art online. I create home items from my work, pillows, coasters, playing cards, calendars, books, clothes and so much more.
MARKETING: Marketing my own work online.
INTERNET DEVELOPMENT: Assist with development of online content and design.
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT: Choose new product lines and discontinue older lines while staying true to the vision and personality of a company.
EVENT PLANNER: Plan and execute in-store promotions and parties.
INVENTORY CONTROL: Inventory management and profit and loss.
HOLIDAY INSTALLATIONS: Decorator for retail stores and public spaces.
L.P. / Inventory Specialist Self Starter
Superb Interpersonal Skills Creativity
Excellent Organizational Skills Adaptable
Excellent Problem Solver
Visual Merchandise Manager / Store Planning
Trimark Economy Restaurant Fixtures SanFrancisco & Sacramento CA., Sept. 2003 – Present
● Store Planning- New Store Opening, Sacramento, 60,000 sq ft : Store branding, Floor Plan design & implementation, Re-location planning & execution, In-Store Signage design and install, Store Fixtures planning & purchase, Retail Lighting & Electrical advisor
● Visual Merchandiser- Responsible for the creation and implementation of retail visual merchandising standards for two 60,000 sq ft stores.
● Event Planner- Plan and implement Merchandising Strategies for key events. Inclusive of our annual 3 Day Sale, with over 3million in sales.
● Employee Management- Manage Merchandising Assistant, Stockers and Warehouse Personnel to execute daily Visual Floor Management and Special Events.
● Daily Operations- Daily product management of over 12k products / $10+ million.
● Operations Programs- Create and implement program for In-Store Sale signage, Every Day signage, Shelf Labeling and Product Location system.
● Marketing – Work with Retail Marketing Manager to develop POS materials and sale signage for bimonthly sales and special events.
● Product Development- Partner with vendors, buyers and sales associates to create and enhance the Product Development. Proven track record of increased sales through creative merchandising. In 2012 increased sales by $400,000 by adding 1,000 new items. Within clothing category increased from 50 stocked units to over 300 units. Tuxton China, increased purchase from three trucks a year to four, through merchandising techniques.
● Inventory Specialist- Manage inventory and loss prevention.
Freelance Visual Merchandiser New York, NY & Miami South Beach June 2002-Sept. 2003 ● Visual Merchandiser- Fortunoff (home furnishings) Special projects team member
● Seasonal Shop Installations- Christmas installations within 20k sq-ft.
● Various Retailers- Window installations, store planning & wall installations.
Visual Merchandise Manager / Buyer Ethan Allen Furniture- Mill Valley, CA. Oct. 2000- June 2002
● Visual Merchandising- Interior Design concepts, execution & maintenance in accordance to branding of 48,000 sq ft showroom and bay area clearance basement.
● Buyer and Inventory Specialist- Showroom buyer and inventory maintenance in line with corporate strategies and budget.
● Interior Designer- Consultation on major interior design projects.
● Special Projects- Design, installation concepts for Designer/Showcase homes.
● Employee Management- Manage shipping & receiving manager. Sales / Visual Merchandiser / e Commerce sales & consultation BauerWare Hardware- San Francisco & San Jose, CA May 1998 – Oct. 2000
● Design Consultant & Sales- Consultant for on-line and two brick and mortar stores.
● Customer service- Customer service for brick & mortar and primary on-line store agent.
● Buyer & Product Development- Development of in-store brands. Maintenance of current stock. Introduction of new product lines.
● Inventory Specialist- Inventory Management.
● Daily Operations / New Business Development- Creation and execution of store policies, purchasing, merchandising and daily operations procedures.
● E-Commerce Visual Merchandiser- Oversee visual merchandising, product set up and content management for e Commerce website.
Visual Merchandise Manager at Flagship Store / Store Opening Team, Lead Mgr. Oshman’s Super Sports Stores Houston, Tx. March 1996 – April 1998
● Visual Merchandising- Presentation, creation and maintenance of 50k sq. ft. showroom inclusive of exterior window displays.
● Store Project Opening Team Lead Associate- Visual Merchandising new store openings throughout the United States. Projects included: Graphic sign assembly and placement, Mannequin stylist, all in store and window installations.
● Holiday Installations- Holiday Decor design and installation.
Education: University of Louisiana, Lafayette – B.A. in Visual Arts and Humanities
COMPUTER SKILLS: Windows / PC skills, Mac Platform, Word, Excel, Signs Made Simple, and various other Windows and Mac applications.
Groups & Associations
- Nichiren Buddhism District Leader
(You are not loged in)