Artist Seeking to Learn More of the Administrative and Business-side of the Art World
- Tel: ➤ Login/Register to view the contact details.
Detail-oriented artist with +3 years of experience working in an art-oriented business setting. Managed and maintained a business in a supervisory role; leveraged practical and contextual artistic knowledge to engage and assist customers and patrons while maintaining the highest level of customer service. Seeking to bring supportive, intelligent, and creative solutions to your company.
Stetson University, DeLand, FL — Bachelor’s Degree of Fine Arts
AUGUST 2011 – MAY 2015
- Cumulative GPA: 3.5/4.0
- Worked 15-20 hours per week while attending school full time
- Faculty Scholarship Award, August 2011 – May 2015
- Recipient of the Ann Hall Purchase Award, May 2015: The endowment was specifically designated for the purchase of student artwork from the annual Senior Thesis Exhibition, to be incorporated into the University’s significant permanent art collection.
- Graduated with Cum Laude Honors
The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, NY — Sales Specialist – Mezzanine Gallery
JANUARY 2018 – PRESENT
- Fielded sales inquiries and prepared purchase orders.
- Exercised correct procedures when handling, framing, and packing fine art.
- Sustained customer satisfaction by being knowledgeable of products and being attentive to patrons’ needs.
- Forged new relationships with customers to create repeat clients.
- Managed corporate orders with important clients.
- Maximized time and schedule in order to organize events hosted for and by the Mezzanine.
The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, NY — Store Sales Specialist
MAY 2017 – PRESENT
- Leveraged sales by engaging customers in sales-oriented conversations and showcasing exemplary customer service.
- Ensured coverage of selling floor by covering floor zones as needed and escorting customers to merchandise.
- Focused on maintenance of shop and stock by organizing, restocking, and cleaning as needed.
- Trusted with being responsible for following current cash, check, and credit procedures.
Fired Up: Pottery Studio, Branford, CT — Staff – Supervisor
MAY 2016 – APRIL 2017
- Acted as main manager when executive and customer service decisions needed to be made by taking on supervisory role every weekend and whenever the owner was out.
- Ensured customer projects were done in a timely manner by specializing in loading, unloading, and maintaining the kiln on schedule.
- Organized, planned, and supervised birthday and private parties.
- Multi-tasked clerical duties such as phone consultation and appointment booking, while also using artistic experience to assist customers with projects and answer their questions.
- Promoted new pottery pieces, glazes, and tools by designing display pieces to be showcased throughout the studio.
- Responsible for cash drawer and proper handling of money.
- Kept studio operational by cleaning work spaces and tools and restocking shelves, paints, and supplies.
- Trained 2 employees in studio procedures and customer service.
- Managed studio promotion and marketing through social media and by designing flyers and signs.
Regal Cinemas, Branford, CT — Floor Staff
NOVEMBER 2015 – JUNE 2016
- Effectively kept ticket and concessions lines moving efficiently by responsibly handling the cash drawer, credit cards, gift cards and correctly redeeming discount tickets, passes and coupons.
- Ensured concessions stand ran smoothly by being knowledgeable of how all related equipment was operated, prepared, and cleaned while complying with all local, state, and federal food safety laws.
- Guaranteed customer satisfaction by showcasing excellent interpersonal and guest service skills.
- Managed crowd control by directing customers to the correct auditoriums and assisting them in finding seats.
- Maintained a safe quality environment within the theater and auditoriums by monitoring picture and sound quality and cleaning all areas when needed.
- Prevented film and content theft by inspecting theaters and backpacks or packages when applicable.
The Homer and Dolly Hand Art Center, DeLand, FL — Gallery Assistant
AUGUST 2013 – MAY 2015
- Acted as a main administrative assistant to the director by assisting in general clerical support.
- Ensured guests were informed about current/upcoming exhibitions by being knowledgeable about the artwork, artists, and gallery.
- Acted as first line of security defense by monitoring artwork in the galleries and supervising the gallery while the director was out or absent.
- Conducted basic research related to artists, artwork, museum policies, and whatever else the director required.
- Assisted in marketing for the gallery by designing and creating posters and postcards.
- Contributed effort to putting up and striking exhibitions by spackling and painting gallery walls, creating labels, writing condition reports, hanging/setting up artworks and displays, soft and hard packing artwork, and lighting the galleries.
- Assisted in running educational art activities and events by preparing the seminar room for lectures, school or museum related events, or arts and crafts activities.
- Experience in working closely with fragile and noteworthy artwork by assisting in handling, framing, cataloging, and installing the gallery’s significant collection of the late American Modernist painter Oscar Bluemnar’s work.
Self-Employed — Artist
AUGUST 2011 – PRESENT
- Extensive experience painting with acrylics, oils, glazes, and inks.
- Capable of stretching canvas, making clay, and working a kiln.
- Implemented self-taught skills in open-source digital painting programs in order to work on personal projects and commissions.
- Promoted artwork on social media.
- Utilized product manufacturing websites to sell, advertise, and ship artwork to customers.
- Experience in product design and merchandising.
- Proficient in Microsoft – Word, PowerPoint, Publisher
- Working knowledge of Excel & QuickBooks
- Time management
- Excellent Guest Services, sales, and people skills
- Fast and adept learner- effective adaptability to workplace changes and evolution.
- Working with and handling artwork