Art Administration / Art Marketing / Exhibition Coordination
|Career Status:||Actively looking|
|Willing to relocate:|
|Willingness to travel:||Willing to travel|
- Tel: ➤ Login/Register to view the contact details.
Kathie Liu is an art enthusiast and multilingual speaker with over a year experience in arts administration, art marketing, event planning and cross-cultural communication working in Taiwan and the United States. She is passionate about coordinating exhibitions, conducting research, strategic planning and forging partnerships in a collaborative environment. Her goal is to serve as a connecting bridge between the U.S. and Asia and to introduce more talented Asian artists to the United States and give them exposure internationally.
2016-2018| University of Denver- Art Development and Program Management
2011-2014| Tamkang University- Japanese Language and Literature
2012-2013| Nagasaki University- Education (Exchange Student Program)
2006-2011| Wenzao Ursuline College of Languages- Majored in Japanese and minored in English
Revelant Professional Experience
ART MARKETING INTERN, Inez Suen (September 2018 – Current)
- Craft an exhibition proposal for a Taiwanese artist to hold exhibitions in the United States and increase global recognition.
- Conduct marketing research, including researching current industry trends, identifying the audience and income stream of the target organizations.
- Collaborate with teams to brainstorm ideas, create concepts and build a strategy for project.
GALLERY ASSISTANT, Vicki Myhren Gallery at the University of Denver (April 2017 – August 2017)
- Undertook venue rental marketing research, including collecting data on consumers and competitions to identify the gallery’s SWOT, exploring new channels and develop marketing strategies to promote gallery rental service.
- Conducted Asian art collection research on Xu Beihong’s horse painting to decipher the background information and meaning of this painting for the Gallery Director.
- Coordinated the gallery’s social media platform, including updating content on Facebook for increasing exposure and promoting events for the Vicki Myhren Gallery.
- Participated in exhibition preparation, installation, gallery maintenance, object storage and gallery events as needed.
ART ADMINISTRATOR AND MARKETING COORDINATOR, Yun Mei Gallery (May 2016 – August 2016)
- Performed all administrative functions of the gallery, including planning event and reception agendas, responding to general inquiries, helping with physical installation, managing artwork sales and serving as liaison between the Director, artists and clients.
- Managed social media accounts and created content on both official website and Facebook for gaining recognition and followers, increasing sales and promoting events.
- Participated in Co-branding Partnerships Project, including researching potential partners, gathering and analyzing potential market data and building relationship for future sales.
- Categorized artworks by relocating, numbering, and photographing resulting in improved storage and access.
MUSEUM DOCENT, ChiMei Museum (December 2015 – April 2016)
- Promoted audio guide and mobile app for to visitors for the museum to foster visitors’ engagement and learning outcomes during their visit.
- Communicated with representatives from Japan and scheduled designed tours according to their needs.
- Provided Mandarin, Japanese and English support to visitors as they exploring the museum.
INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION CONSULTANT, Global Travel Education Consulting Co. (September 2014 – November 2015)
- Visited domestic universities with Japanese representatives to bridge International partnerships between domestic universities and institutes from Japan.
- Evaluated online trafficking, collected and analyzed data/information and conducted survey to identify clients’ needs and current trends.
- Served as liaison between student clients and international institutes including communicating with the language schools, natural parents, and students on admissions, homestay or academic issues.
- Planned and executed events and orientations including overseeing online registration processes, ensuring wireless access, renting equipment and gathering feedback on events and applies information to make programmatic improvements.
INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION CONSULTANT, Welcome Group Co. (April 2014 – January 2015)
- Supported the development, implementation and evaluation of existing marketing strategies for promoting Working Holiday Program to domestic students.
- Visited domestic institutes with foreign representatives to bridge International partnerships between domestic schools and institutes from Switzerland, Japan and the United States.
- Managed all logistics for events and orientations including developing orientation topics, creating schedule, renting event venues, contacting catering, inviting students and introducing cultural difference for student clients.
- Served as organizer and main liaison of the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program.
- ．Mandarin-Japanese-English translation and interpretation
- ．Strong verbal and written communication skills
- ．International work experience
- ．Qualitative research
- ．Experience in Microsoft Office Suite and social media platforms
- ．Event planning and coordination
- ．Multitasking skills
- ．Project management skills
- Chinese (Mandarin), English, Japanese (Working Proficiency), Taiwanese