|Career Status:||Actively looking|
|Willing to relocate:|
|Willingness to travel:||Willing to travel|
- Tel: ➤ Login/Register to view the contact details.
Tertiary trained arts administration professional with over five years of experience.
-BA in Arts (Music) from Otterbein University in Westerville, Ohio. Graduated cum laude with a grade point average of 3.8. Also completed a six month study abroad experience tin Queensland, Australia.
-High School graduate
ASSISTANT ARTISTIC ADMINISTRATOR, APRIL 2011 – PRESENT
QUEENSLAND SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA – Brisbane, Queensland (QLD), Australia
The Queensland Symphony Orchestra is Queensland’s only full time professional orchestra. The QSO gives over 100 live concerts across 47 weeks involving highly acclaimed local and international artists and an orchestra of over 80 members.
Coordinate all artist requirements (both domestic and international) including travel, accommodation, per diem, and itinerary; as well as functioning as artist liaison, when required, during each artists stay; this includes travel and meal requirements, and backstage functions.
Liaise with artists and their agents regarding the requirements of each professional engagement.
Communicate and coordinate with fellow members of the artistic department and other staff to ensure the smooth operation of rehearsals and engagements.
Manage the writing, editing, and completion of artist contracts as well as assisting the completion of contracts for venues and commercial engagements.
Administer artistic department budget and advise members of the artistic department of the requirements needed to adhere to budget.
Assist with concert programming, research into repertoire, artists both local and international.
• High level of organizational skills developed through use of calendars, timelines, checklists and spreadsheets.
•Efficient communication with internal and external parties, including staff, artists and agents.
• Sound knowledge of backstage functions and procedures in a theatre setting.
• Ability to thoroughly understand each project with attention to detail and the ability to identify and implement the action needed to achieve goals with skill and speed.
•Work productively without supervision and take initiative to complete tasks.
STATE MANAGER / REHEARSAL MANAGER, Feb 2010 – March 2011
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF YOUTH PERFORMING ARTS AUSTRALIA – Brisbane, QLD
NIYPAA is an arts organisation providing choral and dance training programs to youths aged 7-17 years. The organisation has branches in five states of Australia with numerous branches operating within each state.
Key Responsibilities: Manage a team of artistic and administrative staff to ensure the smooth operation of programs throughout Queensland.
Plan, implement and project manage programs and events such as large scale annual concerts, large scale student workshops, overseas tours and performing engagements.
Manage recruitment processes; including staff hiring, training and implementation of student recruitment programs.
Perform daily office administration tasks including; reception and client management, resource management and office maintenance.
Create positive, working relationships with students, parents and staff in regards to organisational specific procedures and programmes.
• Effective communication both verbally and written with all members of staff, students and parents, and also with the main managing body located outside of Queensland; created co-operative and supportive working relationships with all involved.
• Ensure the smooth operation of the office environment through accurate record keeping, acquiring materials and prompt responses to any client requests.
• Highly skilled in event management, leadership, and organization through work on a considerable amount of concerts and workshops.
• Sound ability to provide written and verbal feedback regarding budget demands, statistics and reports.
• Proficient in the use of all commonly used computer programs in an office environment; able to quickly learn any proprietary software packages as well.
• Dedication to quality artistic staff and programs; demonstrated through commitment and energy given to the organization at all hours or the day and week.
OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR, 2008 – 2010 SINGING TEACHER, 2007 – 2010
ALGESTER STUDIOS / THE PURPLE JAM MUSIC STUDIO – Brisbane / Logan, QLD
- 5 years of experience
- Excellent Communication, Organised
Arts Administrator Resume