|Career Status:||Actively looking|
|Willing to relocate:|
|Willingness to travel:||Willing to travel|
- Tel: ➤ Login/Register to view the contact details.
Multitalented editorial photo editor with experience in photo researching, producing, assisting, photography and image management in publishing. Experienced in organization, time management, and managing multiple publications in a deadline-driven industry. Collaborative and intuitive when working within a team environment as well as passionate in creating amazing work while being able to stay within a budget.
Master of Fine Arts, Photography, May 2008
Savannah College of Art and Design: Savannah/Atlanta, GA
Bachelor of Fine Arts, Photography, May 2006
St. Edward’s University: Austin, Texas
AARP, Washington, D.C.
Assistant Photo Editor & Researcher, September 2014- Present
• Assist in photo research and collections of imagery for AARP publication The Bulletin and website
• Handle daily editorial and web staff photo requested such as printing contact sheets, collecting images for their use, requesting images on their behalf, and verifying photo credit/caption information.
• Upload high res photos into the DAM and ensure are metadata is written in the correct format.
• Upload and organize photos in CMS for the AARP Editorial Web staff
• Brainstorm visual concepts for stories with photo editors and designers
Karen Williams Photography, Atlanta, Austin, Birmingham, San Antonio, and Washington D.C.
Freelance Photographer, Photo Editor & Photo Researcher, May 2008-Present
• Assisted in photo research for Oxmoor House for two publications: Southern Living’s Christmas and Garden books.
• Photographed a food feature for San Antonio Magazine September 2011 issue at Zinc Bistro and Wine Bar.
• Photographed cookies and products for Lily’s Cookies for their website.
• Photographed Purity Botanicals product line for their website.
• Researched and prepared a power point presentation featuring photo stories produced under the director of photography of Cooking Light magazine.
Oxmoor House, Birmingham, AL
Principal Editorial Photo Researcher, August 2013-August 2014
• Researched photos from the Southern Living’s archive for Southern Living Christmas All Through The South.
• Researched photos from the Southern Living’s archive and stock photos for Southern Living Garden Book.
• Researched and obtained photos for other various project/publications for Oxmoor House.
Southern Living Magazine, Birmingham, AL
Photo Assistant & Researcher, October 2012- August 2013
• Assisted the director of photography and associate photo editor with the production, collection, and organization of images for the five sections (Home, Garden, Travel, Regional, Food) in the publication.
• Handled daily editorial staff photo requested such as printing contact sheets, collecting images for their use, requesting images on their behalf, and verifying photo credit/caption information.
• Researched and requested all stock and loaner photos for the travel and regional stories in each issue as well as set up photo shoots for the High/Low feature in each issue.
• Ensured that all stock and loaner photos have proper meta data entered and meet the required specifications to run in print, tablet, and website.
• Verified that high res photos in the design layout, during production week, are ingested into Media Grid.
• Supported the four staff photographers with the gathering of supplies, props, and equipment for photo shoots in the photo studio.
San Antonio Museum of Art, San Antonio, TX
Public Relations & Marketing Assistant, January 2012-April 2012
• Photographed events and lectures held at the museum such as SAMA Celebrates The Chinese New Year, Gallery talks, First Sundays for Families, Bank of America Series Lecture: The Goddess and King, and Music on the Move: Greece, Rome and Egypt.
• Helped organize and select images from the museum archive for PR/Marketing material.
• Obtained imagery for SAMA Facebook page.
• Provided assistance with calling, emailing, and distribution of promotional materials.
Austin Monthly Magazine, Austin, Texas
Photo Assistant & Researcher, November 2010-April 2011
• Assisted the photo editor with research, collection, and production of photos for the publication.
• Helped on feature and fashion photo shoots around the Austin area. Picked up and returned any prop used during the shoot.
• Ensured that all photos were uploaded and place on the server for the art and production department.
• Photographed the Restaurant Guide in each issue as well as other features in the style and design sections.
• Photographed local shop openings, parties, and fundraisers for the magazines on the scene section.
Ink Publishing, London, England
Picture Desk Assistant & Researcher, August-September 2008
• Assisted four photo editors with the research and collection of photos for 19 travel related publications.
• Handled all incoming photo requests from PR, companies, and people wanting copies of photos and issues of the publications.
• Assisted on local photo shoots around London with the two staff photographers.
- Adobe Photoshop/Bridge/InDesign CS6 Photo Mechanic
- In Copy
- Media Grid
- Telescope (DAM)
- Digital Imaging
- Canon camera systems
- Photo Shoots
- Content Management
- Image Management
- Administrative Skills
- Social Media