LGBTQ Arts Administration Production & Development Specialist
- Tel: ➤ Login/Register to view the contact details.
Creative support and strategic resources for LGBTQ artists and organizations with six years of diverse project management experience including: performance events, educational workshops, literary, film, and music production. Proven ability to coordinate marketing, logistical funding and timeline-based campaigns with ongoing and emerging works.
MSW in Community Health & Urban Development
Jane Addams School of Social Work – University of Illinois at Chicago (2011 – 2012)
BA in Applied Behavioral Sciences with Public Policy Concentration
National-Louis University (2010)
AA in Political Science & International Relations
Waubonsee Community College (2010)
Director of Development – The Inconvenience – Chicago, IL (2015 – Present)
Responsible for research and development of grant writing and alternative funding strategies for $150k annual budget. The Inconvenience is a community of interdisciplinary artists mixing music, theatre, dance, fine art and educational initiatives.
Creative Director – JRV MAJESTY Productions – Chicago, IL (2012 – Present)
Production and project management of independent creative, cultural and social justice focused LGBTQ works.
• High Concept Laboratories Institutional Incubation Residency Program – Chicago Queer Arts Mentorship Program
• Educational Workshops: Northwestern University, DePaul University, School of the Art Institute-Chicago
• Producer/Curator, Queer, Ill, & Okay at Links Hall Theatre (2103), Defibrillator Gallery (2014), Storefront Theater (2015)
• Production Manager, La Lune De Femme New Orleans Fringe Festival (2014), REVIVAL at Pritzker Pavilion (2013-2014)
• Producer, Queer Lexicon Oral History Series, StoryCorps Partnership, Featured on Vocalo, Exhibited in Strange Bedfellows (2013)
Teaching Artist – About Face Theatre – Chicago, IL (2012 – 2013)
Develop curriculum and conduct creative writing and performance workshops for inner-city youth.
Creative Director – Chicago IRL – Chicago, IL (2011 – 2013)
A local arts and literary digest and archive documenting Chicago’s LGBTQIA & Gender Non-Conforming populations featuring over 200+ artists. Archived at Chicago Cultural Center, Chicago’s Read/Write Museum & Gerber/Hart Library & Archives.
Social Media Creative Consultant – Heartland Alliance – Chicago, IL (2010 – 2011)
Design and facilitate implementation of social media strategy promoting educational initiatives on HIV prevention for MSM throughout Nigeria at four site locations.
- LGBTQ Clients
Groups & Associations
- Chicago Ideas Week Co-Op Board, High Concept Laboratories Artistic Advisory Board, Howard Brown Health Center Community Advisory Board
- English (Fluent)