Arts and Education Operations Manager
- Tel: ➤ Login/Register to view the contact details.
Innovative, Energetic and Accomplished leader of cross-functional teams in business, nonprofits, and the performing arts.
Talented head of cross-disciplinary operational teams composed of paid staff, volunteers, disabled individuals, and strategic partners. Effective business and creative manager with track record of success in process development and improvement, financial performance, fundraising, community engagement, and customer experience.
Bachelor of Arts in Theatre Arts and Dance
University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, Minneapolis, MN
|Down Syndrome Achievement Centers, Hoffman Estates, IL
Manager, Operations and Events, GiGi’s Playhouse
|June 2018 – September 2020|
Oversaw operations and project management at the international headquarters of the premier educational, therapeutic, and career development site for individuals with Down Syndrome. Led five-person paid staff in addition to as many as 500 volunteers each year in accomplishing activities that included community fairs, family and third-party events, parties, tours, and donor visits. Hired and trained a full-time team, helmed Human Resources, and performed data management through Salesforce CRM.
Continuously pursued funding and revenue opportunities through community grants, as well as fundraising initiatives such as special events, family connections, and community partnerships. Similarly, mined philanthropic groups, religious organizations, and schools for funding and volunteers. Spearheaded community awareness through publicity and marketing campaigns that utilized press releases, email blasts, social media, in-person presentations, and active web presence. Devised facility safety and support plan in response to COVID-19 pandemic.
- Project-managed numerous community-focused events, including Annual Galas with 2K attendees, 5K Fun Runs with as many as 1.5K participants, and Golf Outings that attracted 200.
- Slashed office costs over 30% through renegotiated supply and service contracts.
- Revenue rose 20% as result of analysis-driven revamp of annual auction project plan.
- Volunteer engagement surged 35% due to more effective recruiting, onboarding, and training processes.
- Streamlined cross-functional workflows to facilitate project contributions by Marketing, Finance, and IT.
| Soul2Sole Dance, Inc, Highland Park, IL
|May 2001 – June 2018|
Spearheaded educational and production activities through leadership acumen and performing arts expertise. Created wide-ranging program design for dance academy targets ranging from preschool to adult markets. Oversaw administration, event planning, budgeting controls, and class and work scheduling for the more than 20-member artistic team. Recruited, hired, and trained choreographers, instructors, stage crew, and office staff. Headed community outreach and marketing initiatives that included content creation, social media, digital marketing, and local advertising. Orchestrated year-end recitals, as well as special, community, and fundraising events. Secured private and corporate donations and sponsorships. Updated CRM.
- Student enrollment exploded from 250 to over 1.5K and competitive dance participants from five to 200 during tenure.
- Produced more than 135 successful shows to exultant community response.
- Partnered with affiliated dance companies throughout the country to provide students with pre-professional ethics and arts training for those with collegiate and professional performing arts aspirations.
|Dance Director | Northbrook Children’s Theater, Northbrook, IL|
|Program Director, Kids Activities Department | Lifetime Fitness, Plymouth, MN|
|Professional Cheerleader | Minnesota Vikings, Minneapolis, MN|
- Operations Management 15 years Team Leadership 15 years Nonprofits 5 years
- Talent Acquisition 15 years
- Financial Management 15 years Project Management. 15 years
- Fundraising 5 years
- Volunteer Recruiting 15 years
- Customer Relationship Management 15 years