- Tel: ➤ Login/Register to view the contact details.
Recent graduate and theatre administrator, with strong fundraising background.
TEACHERS COLLEGE, COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY, New York, NY.
M.A. in Arts Administration, 2014.
SMITH COLLEGE, Northampton, MA.
Bachelor of Arts, cum laude, Theatre, 2009. QPA: 3.86
HONORS AND AWARDS:
Phi Beta Kappa, Zeta of Massachusetts, 2008
Elizabeth Drew Prize for Best English Department Classroom Essay, 2008
First Group Scholar, 2006-2009
Mary Maples Dunn Scholarship for Outstanding Matriculating First-Year Student, 2005
THE DRAMA LEAGUE OF NEW YORK New York, NY
Development and Sponsorship Intern, October 2013-May 2014
• Composed and filed grant applications to obtain philanthropic, government, and corporate support for theatre advocacy organization’s artist development programs and general operations. Wrote letters of intent, detailed project narratives, and program descriptions; compiled official institutional materials for submission.
• Researched nonprofit foundations for institutional prospecting. Created and maintained spreadsheet detailing each foundation’s philanthropic interests, previous grantees, average donations, and application requirements and deadlines. Worked with Director of Development to determine next steps for contact and approach.
• Pursued institutional funding to send American teaching artist delegation to Bulgaria for 2014 Annual Theatre Festival Varna Summer. Researched travel and program expenses to create budget estimates. Met with participating artists and event coordinators to determine project details and obtain work samples.
• Organized “Cultivate The Space” mailing for continued individual support of The Drama League Theater Center. Wrote annual appeal letters for subscribers and donors; maintained and updated contact lists using Raiser’s Edge. Tracked contributions; drafted and mailed acknowledgement letters.
• Collected information on live auctions and paddle raises for annual fundraising Gala.
• Operated The Drama League’s Instagram account during 2014 Gala. Photographed and recorded video of attendees, celebrity guests, auction, musical performance, and related activities for live social media updates.
• Checked in performer nominees, press agents, and major donors for Drama League Awards pre-show VIP receptions.
EPIC THEATRE ENSEMBLE New York, NY
General Management Intern, June 2013-September 2013
• Transferred company’s most recent fiscal records from Excel into QuickBooks software database.
• Researched federal requirements and reporting criteria to ensure proper usage of American Recovery and Reinvestment Act funds.
• Supervised classes of fifteen to twenty high school students during the EPIC Next program at Pace University. Aided teaching artists in conducting group exercises and presenting educational performances. Signed in students and kept track of room assignments.
• Read and reviewed submissions for Blueprint Series new play development festival.
• Selected footage from international scholarship student’s video blogs for promotional content. Edited clips with iMovie to create series of four-minute narrative videos.
• Transcribed audio interviews for use in student-developed full-length theatre piece
ELEVATOR REPAIR SERVICE THEATRE New York, NY
Development and External Relations Intern, May 2013-August 2013
• Compiled production history records, annual report statistics, mission statements, board information, and promotional material into Letter of Interest packets to develop relationships with philanthropic groups.
• Drafted advocacy letters to city council representatives to enlist support against arts-related budget cuts.
• Supplemented and updated FileMaker Pro database records by adding high-level donor information.
• Provided technical support during two-month rehearsal process of “Arguendo” in preparation for September 2013 New York premiere. Loaded-in sets and properties. Assisted backstage during preview performances.
SITI COMPANY New York, NY
Development Intern, January 2013-May 2013
• Composed applications, requests, and letters of inquiry to obtain individual and institutional funding for ensemble theatre’s operating and project-specific needs.
• Coordinated mailing list for 20th Anniversary Gala and sent invitations to prospective attendees. Recorded ticket purchases, pledges, and donations; determined benefits for corresponding gift levels.
• Developed major donor and honoree profiles for printed materials and benefit committee reference.
• Researched private and public foundations for organizational details and grant application requirements. Maintained comprehensive records of deadlines, submissions, and responses.
• Organized database of donor and sponsor information for future appeals and promotions.
• Created spreadsheets tracking seasonal performance schedule, venue capacity, and per-show sales percentages.
SAMUEL J. CORDES & ASSOCIATES, LLP. Pittsburgh, PA
Legal Assistant, April 2010-August 2012
• Prepared deposition summaries and document indexes for employment law firm’s individual cases.
• Reviewed and digested official documents and exhibits in preparation for trial.
• Organized and managed case files.
• Conducted basic legal research for cases when applicable.
THREE RIVERS THEATRE COMPANY Pittsburgh, PA
Board Secretary, July 2010-April 2012
• Recorded minutes of seasonal, self-producing nonprofit theatre company’s monthly board meetings.
• Maintained detailed records of company’s production and business activity.
• Proposed company policy; voted on bylaws and major administrative measures.
• Recruited local businesses for program ad sales, donations, and company support.
- MS Office, Excel, Raiser’s Edge, , Salesforce, FileMaker Pro,
- Basic Spanish, English