Fibers and Textiles Artist
- Tel: ➤ Login/Register to view the contact details.
I have recently graduated from University of the Arts with a degree in Crafts and Material studies with a background in fibers. I have become most interested in pattern making and garment construction.
BFA: Fibers and Textiles University of the Arts, Philadelphia PA
KAY HEALY, PHILADELPHIA, PA
University of the Arts Fellow, May 2014 –September 2014
• Help with the screen-printing process including burning, reclaiming and printing.
• Prepare for installation piece at the Free Library of Philadelphia.
• Install and de-install shows.
• Go to events and openings for shows.
THE HANDWORK STUDIO, NARBERTH, PA
Camp counselor and instructor, June 2015 – present
• Teach children to thread and sew on machine.
• Show children how to read pattern and construct garment.
• In charge of attendance and daily schedule.
PHILADELPHIA INTERNATIONAL OPERA THEATRE, PHILADELPHIA, PA
Costume Designer for world premiere of “Sogno di una notte di mezza estate” in Citta
Della Pieve, Italy April – August 2016
• Design, pattern and create costumes for actors.
• Delegate tasks to team members.
• Responsible for daily goals and agenda in costume shop.
• Shopping and collecting fabric and supplies.
UNIVERSITY OF THE ARTS teacher, PHILADELPHIA, PA
Fibers and pattern making teaching assistant September 2017 – December 2017
• Teach in class once a week with high school students.
• Help with each step of pattern making and garment construction.
• Teach students how to properly thread and sew on machine.
- Pattern making
- Hand and machine knitting
- Hand and machine sewing Screen-printing
- Natural and chemical dyeing Mixed-media construction