Performing Arts Manager/Administrator
- Tel: ➤ Login/Register to view the contact details.
Creative, resourceful, proactive and diligent professional seeking a full time position with nonprofit performing arts organization.
Florida State University May 2004
MM in Opera Production
Emphasis in Stage Direction
New York University May 2002
Certificate in Arts Administration/Management
University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) June 1996
BA in Dance
Emphasis in Performance/Choreography
Freelance (self-employed) 2004 – 2012
Stage Director, Choreographer, and Production Stage Manager
• Facilitated and implemented live theatrical productions across the country.
• Researched, interpreted, and realized productions from concept to fruition.
• Created production schedules that ensured project benchmarks and priorities were met in a timely fashion.
• Hired, supervised, and motivated teams of volunteers, interns, and professional staff/artists.
• Generated thoughtful and creative solutions to solve logistical challenges.
• Managed Project Budgets of up to $20,000 and maintained strong cost controls.
• Contracts include Odyssey Theatre Ensemble, Opera Santa Barbara, Opera San Luis Obispo, Sierra Madre Playhouse, to name a few. Resume available upon request.
Sierra Madre Playhouse 2011 – 2012
Member, Board of Directors
• Increased individual contributions over 100% from $5,253 in 2010 to $12,630 in 2011 for Sierra Madre Playhouse, in addition to writing successful grant proposals of over $12,000 in revenue in 2012.
• Directed and co-produced a five week festival celebrating Gilbert & Sullivan that included a fully staged production of The Yeomen of the Guard, 4 concerts including a presentation of the Pasadena Master Chorale, art exhibit of artist, Sue Li, and 2 staged readings of W.S. Gilbert non-musical plays: Engaged, A Medical Man, and Sweethearts. Festival generated ticket revenue of $21,000 and contributions of over $8,800, which exceeded goal by 29%
• Negotiated a first time rental production agreement between two small nonprofits: Sierra Madre Playhouse and Opera San Luis Obispo resulting in a greater institutional profile for both organizations and expanded market reach of its productions.
• Organized a special ASL Interpreted and Audio Described for the Blind performance of The Yeomen of the Guard that successfully reached out to an underserved population.
Theatre 360 2008 – 2010
• Taught children 6 years old through 18 acting, dance, and theatrical design.
• Crafted a variety of lesson plans for Theatre and Dance Education that utilized the California Visual and Performing Arts Standards to develop age appropriate lessons.
• Collaborated with Public School Teacher to integrate Theatre into Math curriculum.
• Wrote a grant that resulted in $1,500 in contributed revenue for summer musical productions.
• Directed scenes and a fully stage production of Disney’s Cinderella for cast of children aged 6-12.
Florida State University School of Music 2002 – 2004
Graduate Teaching Assistant
• Co-Taught Acting and Movement Classes for three level Opera Workshop
• Staged and Directed Scenes and Arias from various operas
• Represented the Opera in presentations to the Music School Appropriations Committee resulting in $10,000 towards funds for Summer Opera presentation.
Chautauqua Opera 1999 – 2002
Company Manager / Artistic Administrator
• Managed the day-to-day administrative operations of a mid-size regional opera company.
• Coordinated the Auditions for Guest Artists and Young Artist Program, scheduling up to 450 artists over none-day period.
• Organized Special Events including Opening Night Parties, Socials, and Cast Parties.
• Wrote and executed all AGMA, USA, and staff contracts.
• Arranged and Facilitated travel and housing accommodations for over 100 Guest Artists, Young Artists, and staff members.
• Primary Trouble-Shooter for “day to day emergencies” that occur in a busy nine-week Summer season of four Main Stage productions, Symphony concerts, Recitals, Musical Revues, and Outreach programs.
• Managed the logistics of moving office from New York City to Chautauqua, NY in Western State and back on an annual basis.
• Office support to the Artistic/General Director and liaison to the marketing and development departments of Chautauqua Institution.
New York City Opera 1997 – 1999
Sales and Promotions Associate
• Developed, in consultation with Marketing Director, promotional campaigns using both print, radio, and on-line media for specific target audiences that resulted in revenue over $240,000.
• Coordinated the design and production of advertising for the tourist and student markets.
• Planned and executed promotions and special projects, such as the WQXR 1998/99 Season Previews, 1998/99 and 1999/2000 Renewal Subscription Sweepstakes.
• Wrote sales copy for selected campaigns and proofread all copy for department.
• Conducted media and historical research.
The Pearl Theatre Company 1996 – 1997
Assistant to the Artistic Director
• Wrote, edited, and designed an edition of direct mail and educational publication: A Playgoer’s Supplement.
• Coordinated Artistic Events, such as Play Readings and Roundtable discussions.
• Served as Box Office Manager including phone and at door ticket sales/subscriptions for select performances.
• Performed an analysis of Box Office revenue that resulted in stronger earned income projections.
• Served as House Manager and trained volunteer ushers in various concessions and front of house operations for select performances.
• Supported Artistic Director in various special projects and administrative operations.
- Grant Writing.
- Project Management.
- Budget Creation.
- Strategic Planning.
- Theatre Arts Education.