- Tel: ➤ Login/Register to view the contact details.
My name is Esther Blevins, and while I am many things, chief among them are creative, administrator, and a perpetual learner. I am highly educated, experienced, and motivated.
Savannah College of Art and Design, Savannah, GA — Master of Arts, Arts Administration
June 2016 – 3.55 GPA
Accolades: Honors Scholar; Vice President, Student Arts Managers
Courses: Principles of Arts Administration, Legal Issues in the Arts, Arts Financing and Money Management, Raising Funds for Non-profit Arts Organizations, Promoting the Arts, Arts Administration Internship, Business and Professional Writing, Arts Leadership Internship, Arts Administration M.A. Final Project (Smoky Mountain Arts Craft Fair)
University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN — Bachelor of Arts, Art History
Member, Visual Arts Committee
Miami Dade College, Miami, FL — Associate of Arts, Graphic Design
News Section Writer, The Reporter
Graphic Design Associate and Executive Assistant, Knoxville Opera
March 2018 – Present
Media, Marketing & Public Relations Collateral Design:
- Developed and structured advertising campaign, negotiated ad trades, and direct mailer printing costs.
- Designed billboards, print ads, online click-through art for various external business and media partners (e.g. Knoxville Tickets, Arts Knoxville, Inside Knoxville, Tennessee Department of Tourism, Visit Knoxville, Knox News Sentinel, WATE-TV, WNOX).
- Tracked and analyzed click-through data for online ads via Google Analytics to determine online campaign effectiveness and ROI rate.
- Designed art and wrote copy for click-through event campaigns.
- Photographed performance venues for promotional materials.
- Photographed the Rossini Festival for media channels and promotional materials.
- Writing and distributing press releases, following up with responses, coordinating requests for interviews, creating advertisements for short-notice offers for free publicity.
- Managed all relationships with print companies and placed orders, including the selection of stock.
- Created social media engagement campaigns that raised average unboosted post engagement from 1- 5 to 30-100+, and expanded organic, unboosted reach per post from 100-600 average to 2,000 to 10,000.
- Created click-through Facebook campaign utilizing WATE hyfn backchannel, resulting in Knoxville Opera’s first-ever sold-out performance.
- Develop and implement complete overhaul of WordPress site content, architecture and navigation scheme.
- Maintain and update website content, plugins, links.
- Provide high-level administrative support to executive level management.
- Coordinate external and internal meetings.
- Assisted in the execution of special events, including annual street fair with upwards of 50,000+ attendees.
- Recruited assistance of local university in community outreach and surpassed previously unmet student attendance goals for performances.
- Responsible for drafting, revising and enhancing application materials and closeout reports for federal, state, and local grants.
- Support the Executive Director in developing and enhancing funding opportunities.
- Serve as liaison to all funding agencies or organizations; maintain contact with funding organization(s) during the review of submitted proposals/grant applications.
- Manage grant fulfillment, writing close-out reports.
- Research and identify grants and funding opportunities.
Fundraising & Financial Sustainability Consultant, Centro Hispano
2017 – Present
- Provide input into the development of the annual Latino Gala Awards fundraising campaign, including direct mail drafting and design, personal solicitation, and event fundraising.
- Help to identify new prospects and potential donors.
- Liaise and communicate as appropriate with the Executive Director.
Artist Handler and Guest Relations – Knoxville Fanboy Expo
2016, 2017, 2018
- Provided visiting celebrities items and/or accommodations from rider lists provided by Fanboy Expo staff and/or managing artist agency (artists include William Shatner, Chris Sanderson, Joey Fatone, Gene Simmons, Kevin Sorbo, et al)
- Assisted with crowd control and de-escalating guests in slow-moving lines on Clinch Avenue entrance
Director, Smoky Mountain Arts – 2016 Smoky Mountain Arts & Crafts Fair
- Planned, organized and facilitated event and planning meetings at or under budget while meeting rigorous timelines
- Managed scheduling of event staffing, catering, permits licensing, event set-up and break-down
- Negotiated and booked venues, vendors, suppliers, and organized outreach
- Prepared reports, data analysis on costs, attendance, and other various event statistics
- Designed, created, and distributed all promotional and marketing materials
- Designed, created, and managed all aspects of marketing campaigns; including social media and community door hangers
Marketing Consultant, Serenbe Playhouse
2015 Performance Season
- Researched industries, markets, demographics, trends, sales results, and other data related to the client’s products or services
- Analyzed details of competitor offerings, including specifications, market share, pricing, and promotional materials
- Created detailed reports with research findings and analysis to inform marketing strategies
- Provided written documents and verbal presentations for each client to guide the creation of new marketing plans and strategies
- Recommended specific marketing approaches and spending budgets to achieve the client’s desired sales goals
- Helps come up with new product and service offerings to increase shares in new or existing markets
- Assisted company’s marketing managers and directors in coming up with focused branding, positioning, and marketing tools for each type of production and their unique challenges
- Worked within the client’s modest budget to produce effective promotional materials and advertising opportunities that conformed to their green-friendly mission statement
Administrative Intern, Knoxville Museum of Art
2015 – 2016
- Reported to the Director of Administration
- Organized Board of Directors and Executive Committee minutes
- Assisted the Director of Education with organizing Art2Go inventory and locating replacements
- Compiled a detailed list of all art teachers in Knox and surrounding counties for direct mailing
Freelance Design Consultant and Event Planner
Create innovative design packages to elevate and differentiate branding and marketing and advertising initiatives
- Meet with client to determine marketing and design vision, scopes of work, and budgets and deliverable timeframes
- Format designs and media for use in print and web applications; deliver production-ready graphics in HTML and CSS
- Paginate four-color and black and white layouts, rescaled and cropped images using Photoshop, and compile client data into PDF formats; edited documents and layouts prior publication and submission to printer
- Took and manipulated images for use on websites to promote company offerings online.
- Developed, revamped, and reformatted advertisements from local business for publication in weekly periodicals
- Formatted and color-corrected photographs for ad developer use
- Created logo prototypes and processed publication-ready advertisements from clients
- Directed the planning, budgeting, onsite supervision and execution of promotional and special events for clients
- Oversaw planning, coordination, and execution of annual company meetings, product launch, and corporate special events
- Handled selection of venue, food & beverage, audio/visual service provider and program hosts
- Facilitated contracting, budgeting, transportation, accommodations and negotiations with facilities and suppliers
- Assisted clients in hitting their project goals through efficient marketing methods
- Arranged meetings between clients and potential sponsors for their events
- Negotiated better rates and deals for clients
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat DC, Spark)
- Microsoft Office Suite (Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint , Publisher, Skype, Visio, Word)
- Allegiance Fundraising
- Constant Contact, Emma
- Fire Chat
- Raiser’s Edge
- Survey Monkey
- Appeal Letters
- Call to Action Campaigns
- Community and Sponsor Development
- Fundraising Campaign Design
- Grant Writing
- RFP Submissions
- Social Media Campaign Design
- Content Creation
- Event Planning
- SWOT Market Analysis
- Business Plan Design
- Public Speaking
- Press Releases
- Spanish: fluent writing, reading, spoken