|Career Status:||Actively looking|
|Willing to relocate:|
|Willingness to travel:||Willing to travel|
- Tel: ➤ Login/Register to view the contact details.
A leader with an intimate understanding of venue and arts management best practices who utilizes her extensive background to create a work environment that promotes growth, encourages development, and celebrates diversity.
I do not accept “It can’t be done;” there is always a way forward.
2010 PhD – Texas Tech University – Fine Arts specializing in Arts Administration
Classes in marketing, promotions, budgets, and advocacy.
Dissertation, “Avoiding Founder’s Syndrome in Arts Organizations; A Study of Successful Succession Transitions in Three Established Regional Theatres”
1992 MFA – Yale University School of Drama – Stage Management
Outstanding Stage Manager
1989 BA – The University of the Incarnate Word – Theatre
Graduated Magna Cum Laude; Outstanding Drama Student
2014-2020 General Manager – Houston First Corporation
- Provide leadership, guidance and overall management of staff, contractors, residents, and clients of the Jesse H. Jones Hall for the Performing Arts and affiliated venues.
- Administer a variety of related activities including financial management, strategic planning, building maintenance, and staffing.
- Coordinate capital projects for Jones Hall and satellite properties (fountains, plazas, green spaces).
- Consulted with resident companies – Houston Symphony and Society for the Performing Arts – Foundation for Jones Hall and Houston First.
- Assisted the Foundation with the 50th Anniversary Gala fundraiser and was a member of the operations committee for the Jones Hall future renovations.
- Developed and nurtured relationships with other venues (including the Alley Theatre) as well as City of Houston support services.
- Conducted and/or coordinated training programs including Crowd Management and Evacuation Training.
2006-2014 Assistant Director – City of Lubbock
- Oversaw the day-to-day operations of the Lubbock Memorial Civic Center, City Bank Auditorium/Coliseum, and the Wells Fargo Amphitheatre. Provided direct oversight during special events.
- Supervised a full-time staff of 28 in 6 different departments (Maintenance, Operations, Technical, Food/Beverage, Box Office, and Booking).
- Updated, adapted, and/or created current departmental policies.
- Assisted with special and capital projects including developing bid packages and ensuring contract compliance.
- Assisted with show settlements, accounts receivables, deposits, and other accounting issues related to venue management.
- Encouraged/improved positive relationships between Civic Center staff and satellite departments including Lubbock Police, Lubbock Fire Marshals, City Council, and Senior Management.
- Assisted the Civic Lubbock Board of Directors on special projects including the West Texas Walk of Fame.
- Created and coordinated departmental marketing efforts including advertising, brochures, and trade show attendance.
- Implemented departmental training programs including severe weather, AED training, and fire safety.
2000-2006 Senior Events Coordinator – City of Lubbock
- Ensured non-conflict scheduling of events located within the Lubbock Memorial Civic Center and the City Bank Auditorium & Coliseum; performed as Management Coordinator at select special events in addition to regular rentals; finalized rental contracts; arranged event needs; and worked closely with the Lubbock Convention and Visitors Bureau to solicit conventions.
- Resolved event issues, improved operations, and provided excellent client support.
- Supervised a staff of two and indirectly supervised a staff of 15.
- Assisted in the development of a Food & Beverage Services brochure.
- Developed an Audio/Visual brochure.
- Developed methods for more effective use of the booking software.
- Organized and updated monthly reports to improve communication.
1993-1999 Technical Director/Auditorium Manager – St. Philip’s College (San Antonio)
- Designed and implemented technical production elements for college performances.
- Managed all technical aspects for special events in a 600-seat auditorium as well as a multi-purpose gallery space.
- Established position at St. Philip’s College Department of Fine Arts. Managed contract negotiation; non-conflict scheduling of events; acquiring contract labor; and fixed asset management.
- Assisted the Fine Arts Director with season selection, acquiring performance rights, hiring of artists, and budget.
- Consulted with Music and Art departments on concert and gallery arrangements.
- Established a working scene shop and developed a simplified manual for operations of the sound equipment.
- Financial Management
- Strategic Planning
- Building Maintenance
- Event Management/Planning
- Technical Production
- Contract Compliance
- Crowd Management
- Ungerboeck Booking
- Basic AutoCAD
- Microsoft Office
- Four Winds
- Basic Ticketing Software
- Global Thinking, Motivator
Groups & Associations
- Girl Scouts, IAVM