Dana Joy Jacobsen – Artist Assistant
- Tel: ➤ Login/Register to view the contact details.
Female artist seeking real-life experiences in assisting other artists in his or her artworks as well as running errands and completing other tasks as required.
AUGUST 2009 – MAY 2013
Milwaukee Institute of Art and Design – Milwaukee, WI – Bfa
Majored in Illustration and Minored in Graphic Design and Painting
Dana received a scholarship for all four years at MIAD
MARCH – APRIL 2011, JULY 2012, JULY 2013
Milwaukee Institute of Art and Design, Milwaukee WI – Teaching Assistant
● Dana was a teaching assistant in 2011 for a figure drawing class where she offered guidance and feedback to students as well as was responsible for preparing materials for the class.
● Dana was a teaching assistant in 2012 and 2013 for a summer Illustration class for high school students. It was her job to organize and present student artworks as well as offer feedback during critique.
AUGUST 2010 – DECEMBER 2012
Milwaukee Institute of Art and Design, Milwaukee, WI – Residential Advisor
● Dana was also chosen to be a residential advisor at MIAD where it was her job to ensure safety of the students, assist them with schoolwork and get the students involved in the MIAD community
- ● Very experienced in a variety of wet and dry media including but not limited to: oil paint, acrylic paint, gouache, watercolor, pencil, graphite, crayon, water-soluble crayon, pastel, charcoal and ink.
- ● Able to use Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- ● Basic knowledge in printing processes including linoleum and intaglio.
- ● Experience in making plaster casts and wax moulds.
- ● Experience in basic welding.
- ● Certified at her school to use all of the power tools and hand tools in the 3D lab.
- ● CPR certified
- Basic Spanish, English (Fluent)