Classical Musician, Educator, Coordinator
- Tel: ➤ Login/Register to view the contact details.
I am a Doctor of Musical Arts with 17+ years of experience as a concert pianist.
I am seeking new opportunities where I could use my expertise, skills, and passion to help provide a richer cultural environment to the world.
I am currently freelancing while I pursue new opportunities and can be reached through this profile.
2018-2021 Frost School of Music, Miami University, FL: Doctor of Musical Arts
2014-2015 Royal College of Music, London: Artist Diploma in Performance
2012-2014 Royal College of Music, London: Mmus in Performance Program
2008-2012 Royal College of Music, London: Bmus (Hons) Program
2007-2008 Toho College of Music, Tokyo
2004-2007 Toho High School of Music, Tokyo
1995-1997 Hoff-Barthelson Music School, New York
2005 – Present Freelance Pianist
- Performed internationally as a freelance soloist and chamber musician.
- Self-managed concerts and maintained relationships with clients, audiences, and artists.
- 2014 CHANEL Pygmalion Artist
2016 – Present ONBEAT Corp., Translator (Tokyo, Japan)
- Translated 100+ articles (Japanese to English) for bilingual art magazine, ONBEAT. Articles translated feature a wide range of Japanese visual artists including Hiroshi Senju, Yoichi Ochiai, Hiroshi Sugimoto, Kengo Kuma, and Eiko Ishioka.
- Interpreted a live discussion between visual artist Kohei Nawa and choreographer Damien Jalet prior to the premier of their collaborative work, PLANET [wanderer]
2020-2021 Chief Coordinator, Friends of El Sistema Japan (Tokyo, Japan)
- Oversaw the organization’s music education program while regularly communicating with team members, clients, artists, agents, and stakeholders in Japan and overseas.
- Planned and facilitated 6 online seminars for staff, teachers, and volunteer members. Invited guest speakers to give short lectures for each seminar.
- Coordinated and successfully organized the World Children’s Music Festival in Tokyo 2021 (March 2021) at the Tokyo Metropolitan Hall; Proposed major changes in the final program to ensure success of event; Managed 130+ performers and staff members, and served as MC on stage; Prepared social media posts to promote event; Produced video contents to present at event ; Concert was live-streamed and viewed remotely by Her Majesty Empress Emerita Michiko and Their Imperial Highnesses Crown Prince and Princess Akishino.
2019-2021 Instructor, Frost Preparatory Program, University of Miami (FL)
Assisted weekly group piano classes and taught individual lessons to children ranging from age 4 to 18.
2019-2021 Instructor, Sharpminds Music Academy (Miami, FL)
Individual lessons to children from age 4 to 15.
2018-2020 Teaching Assistant, Frost School of Music, University of Miami (FL)
Weekly group piano classes and individual lessons to Undergraduate students.
- “Keyboard Studies II (MKP 141-35)” Spring 2020
- “Applied Piano Lessons (MKP PIS-3)” Spring 2020
- “Keyboard Studies I (MKP140-32)” Fall 2019
- “Non-Major Class Piano I (MKP111-33)” Fall 2019
- “Keyboard Studies II (MKP141-33A” Spring 2019
- “Keyboard Studies IV (MKP241-34)” Spring 2019
- “Keyboard Studies I (MKP140-32)” Fall 2018
- “Non-Major Class Piano I (MKP111-33) Fall 2018
2011-2018 Private Teaching, London, U.K.
Home lessons to pupils from age five to adult. Levels ranged from beginner to diploma standard. Taught ABRSM texts.
- Classical Music
- Fine Arts
- Arts Presenting
- Project Management
- Music History
- Performing Arts, presenting, project management, Public Speaking, Teaching
- English, Japanese