|Career Status:||Actively looking|
|Willing to relocate:|
|Willingness to travel:||Willing to travel|
- Tel: ➤ Login/Register to view the contact details.
Driven educator and actress with experience working in a classroom environment with children from pre-k to high school. Excellent knowledge and experience developing and teaching lesson, unit plans, and acting technique for an educational and theatrical setting as well as applying lessons to theatrical workshops, children’s theatre tours and performance residencies. A detail-oriented dramaturg with extensive experience in theatrical history and research for Equity and non-equity productions, also a well-organized and communicative worker with arts administration.
Bachelor of Arts
Minor in Theatre Arts: Acting
Theatre classes/training upon request
Centenary Stage Company
Box Office Associate/Actor/Dramaturg
September 2009-Present Hackettstown, NJ
• Develop new relationships with ticket sales contacts by networking and/or making cold calls
• Operate the provided ticketing and data entry software (Theatre Manager)
• Process ticket sales to Centenary Stage Company events in an efficient manner in high-pressure situations.
• Assist mail orders, ticket fulfillments, telephone, and single ticket sale for multiple events.
• Handle complaints in a polite and customer friendly manner, Assist customers with questions regarding the facility and area, Ensure costumers receive the highest quality customer service before, during, and after the event.
• Assist the Box Office manager with daily operation of the box office and ticket sales, Answer telephone calls to the box office, Assist with the preparation of the box office for nightly performances.
• Research, compile, and provide dramaturgical information for Centenary Stage Company’s Equity productions.
• Assist professors with children theatre tour and various workshops around the state.
• Perform in the Young Audience series touring productions.
Centenary Stage Company is a not-for-profit professional Equity theatre, a senior member of The New Jersey Theatre Alliance
Centenary Stage Company
Blairstown Elementary School
Teaching Artist/Dramaturg/ Assistant Director
January 2014 Blairstown, NJ
• Instructed techniques in Shakespeare for all ages in various classrooms around the state of New Jersey.
• Facilitate classroom instruction on Shakespeare and Shakespearean technique
• Researched and compiled dramaturgical information for production
• Assist with creation of lesson plans for event.
• Compile educational information, activities, and lessons for educators classroom instruction.
The New Jersey Shining Stars Program
Resident Acting Teacher/Creative Teachers Assistant
May 2013-August 2013 Phillipsburg, NJ
• Educated over forty children in the art of acting, theatre, and theatre history
• Assisted various educators and manager in production concepts, rehearsal processes, and final production
• Engaged students from ages 4-13 with various techniques in movement, acting, and theatre history.
• Wrote, edited, and submitted lesson and unit plans based upon a state requirements.
• Accommodated all students with various disabilities within classroom and theatrical skills, preparation and production.
• Created various educational and theatre related assignments and activities for weekly showcases and final production.
The Shining Stars program was funded by a grant from The Horizon Foundation of New Jersey. This grant was given to the Norwecap Family Success Center to facilitate the first summer arts program in Phillipsburg, New Jersey.
- Dramaturgy, Shakespeare , Lesson and Unit Plan Writing, Acting, Ticket Sales (Theatre Manager), Teaching Artist, Educational Outreach Programs, Social Media, Microsoft Office, Power Point, Press release writing, Costumer Service, Facilitation in Classroom instruction, Knowledge of Core Curriculum Standards.
- Acting, Arts Administration, dramaturgy, Lesson Plan Writing, Shakespeare, Stage Managment, Teaching, Teaching Artist, Theatre Manager
Briana Klingaman Resume