- Tel: ➤ Login/Register to view the contact details.
I’m currently teaching the Meisner Technique in the sophomore Acting Studio at The Brind School of Theater at The University of the Arts in Philadelphia. In addition to my experience with Meisner I also have a strong knowledge of Uta Hagen’s work. I also have used aspects of Practical Aesthetics, Stanislavski and Seth Barrish’s work at The Barrow Group in my private coaching in New York City. While completing my MFA at Rutgers I taught Beginning and Intermediate Acting in the BA Theater Program for two years. I have a wide range of knowledge and use it successfully in my teaching.
I have spent the last fourteen years working as a professional actor in New York City. I have worked in all mediums: Stage, Film, TV, Commercial, and Voice-Over. I’ve had the great fortune of working with some great artists in those specific areas. In 2014, two productions I performed in were highly acclaimed-Machinal, garnered four Tony Nominations and Scarcity, was part of the Obie Award winning Hill Town Plays. My experience as a working actor is a strength for teaching students about what the life of an actor is like and the dedication that is needed to succeed at it.
MFA Acting-Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ
B.A. Theater Arts-University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
Aug 2014 –Present
The University of the Arts, Ira Brind School of Theater Arts-Philadelphia, PA
• Senior Lecturer of Acting in the BFA Acting Program.
• Meisner Technique-Acting Studio II
January 2006 – Present
Private Acting Coach-New York, NY
• Work with Professional Actors on Theatre Auditions (Broadway, Off Broadway, Regional).
• Work with Professional Actors on On-Camera Auditions (Film – Studio and Independent and Television- Episodics and Pilots).
• Work with Current Students to Prepare for their College or Graduate School Auditions. Help them choose contrasting material (Classical and Current), understand the source material once chosen, and aid in choices to make each monologue specific.
January 2000 – June 2001
Mason Gross School of the Arts Young Actors Workshop-New Brunswick, NJ
• Founding Member of this Outreach Program to local high school students.
• Headed the Monologue Workshop.
• Served as Audition Coach and Mentor for High School Students auditioning for College Conservatory Programs.
Sept. 1999 – June 2001
Rutgers University-New Brunswick, NJ
• Taught Beginning and Intermediate Acting in the B.A. Theater Department.
• Created a Syllabus that encompassed introductory to advanced acting concepts.
• Maintained a classroom environment that taught technique and also stressed the importance of developing the student’s humanity and understanding of Dramatic Art.