Arts & Entertainment Executive
|Career Status:||Actively looking|
|Willing to relocate:|
|Willingness to travel:||Willing to travel|
- Tel: ➤ Login/Register to view the contact details.
Highly creative Arts & Entertainment Executive with 20+ years of experience working for record labels, sports events, performing arts organizations and entertainment productions.
Internationally-recognized Artist Manager and Booking Agent who has contributed to the success of major Hip-Hop, R&B, Jazz and Pop recording artists, including: Prince, Chaka Khan, Usher, Sisqo, Jay Z, The Fresh Prince (aka Will Smith) and many others.
Dynamic Marketing Manager with the remarkable ability to raise public awareness, support and status of organizations.
Bachelor of Arts, Double Major in Music Education and Mass Communication
Virginia State University, Petersburg, VA
Hospitality Industry Certifications
• Food and Beverage Certification, Delaware North Hospitality Management.
• Bartending License, State of New York, NY Bartender Association.
Oversaw all operations of a performing arts center, including a 1300-seat theater, art gallery and arts education program. Made strategic decisions, both artistic and financial in nature. Booked a variety of music and entertainment acts in the following categories: comedy, cabaret, family fun, jazz, world music, dance and rock. Programmed each season’s events, and organized the design of the season brochure. Managed custodial services, the refreshment area and security. marketing, group sales and advertising programs.
• Secured over $100,000 in donations from sponsors.
• Positively impacted revenue by bringing in sold out teen shows and headliners that generated income.
Secured bookings in clubs, festivals, casinos, and concert halls.
Negotiated TV commercial and reality show contracts for celebrities. Booked artists on TV shows such as “Gone Country,” “I’m a Celebrity”and“Repo Man.”
• Succeeded in publishing The Grandmaster Flash’s story published by Doubleday Books.
The Adventures of Grandmaster Flash: My Life, My Beats (New York: Doubleday, 2008).
• Designed promoted and market independent record labels for NBA All-Stars Chris Webber and Derrick Coleman.
- word, excel, powerpoint, marketing
- Artist Manager, Booking Agent, Marketing Manager