Writer and Educator
- Tel: ➤ Login/Register to view the contact details.
Experienced writer and educator providing in-depth perspective and comprehensive and thought-provoking learning on topics. Transferable skills in editing, research, design, and communication. Skilled in educational and promotional materials and web page content. Expertise in Eastern religions, higher education, and social justice issues. Knowledgeable in art history and museum education. Practiced in public speaking, public presentations, and training. Recognized for adaptability, flexibility, and quality of ideas.
Hunter College CUNY New York, NY
Bachelor of Arts Candidate, Art History (2019)
CUNY Cultural Corps Member, 2017 – 2018 – A CUNY partnership with New York City’s Department of Cultural Affairs & The Rockefeller Foundation, for diverse CUNY students to work in the city’s arts and culture institutions.
Syracuse University Graduate College of Arts and Sciences Syracuse, NY
Masters of Arts in Religion 2003
ADJUNCT HUMANITIES FACULTY
• Teaching courses in Introduction to World Religions with active learning and engaging presentations involving concepts and characteristics of religion, understanding how religions relate to one another, having students read and analyze selected passages of religious texts, evaluate the impacts of religions on world history and culture, understand religious diversity and lesser-known history and culture concerning gender and orientation, and promoting understanding of religious influences on contemporary society, dialogue, and religious tolerance
• Taught courses in Junior Seminar, a general education capstone course with personalized framework of human rights and how those are defined, interpreted, portrayed, and fought for philosophically, psychologically, economically, legally, culturally, media-wise, and artistically, in the framework of symbolism and representation
• Course assessed competencies in writing, reading, research, information literacy, and quantitative skills
• Designed syllabus and course content, designed activities and assessments comprising reading, discussion, and intense research projects
• Mentoring and coaching students during class and after course ends, including recommendations for scholarships and continuing higher education.
Rubin Museum of Art, New York, NY September 2017 – April 2018
EDUCATION INTERN THROUGH CUNY CULTURAL CORPS
• Teaching artist in K-12 workshops, incorporating culturally-sensitive Buddhist art history knowledge with
hands-on demonstration and coaching of class art projects
• Planning and drafting Museum-themed curricula and lesson plans for public school art activities
• Collaborated in activity research and design for annual festivals and Museum’s monthly Family Sunday programs
• Docent training; led and co-led tours in the Rubin Museum galleries
• Revised and edited K-12 workshop and tour lesson plans, incorporating museum labeling and research
• Assisted and provided administrative support in K-12 and continuing education workshops.
Legal Momentum, New York, NY February 2012 – August 2013
• Developed social media campaigns with demonstrable results: raised organizational profile, increased followers and constituency engagement
• Drafted website content, researched issues and legislation to clarify policies, drafted speeches
• Distributed information to the media and arranged interviews for staff
• Drafted press releases, statements, blog and article posts, developed email-based appeals, newsletters, and action alerts to constituency.
Freelance Writer & Researcher January 2010- August 2013
• Advised on website and design of promotional materials
• Researched and documented social, legislative, human rights and other issues
• Drafted, edited, and proofread client material
• Transformed complex material into clear, succinct, and persuasive presentations.
DOTmed Business News, New York, NY March 2008 – September 2010
• Authored monthly column curating current and relevant legal and legislative issues in the health care industry
• Interviewed industry professionals for articles
• Wrote regular news articles on current events in regulatory issues and the health care industry
• Pitched and wrote in-depth articles on more complex health care and medical issues.