|Career Status:||Actively looking|
|Willing to relocate:|
|Willingness to travel:||Willing to travel|
- Tel: ➤ Login/Register to view the contact details.
With my background as a Gallery Director, curator and art advisor, I am confident I would make an excellent addition to any gallery. While directing Calix Gustav Gallery in Miami my responsibilities were equally challenging as they were exhilarating and required confidence, tenacity and creativity, specially when dealing with immediate deadlines and financial constrains. My experiences demonstrate my ability to work with others through the creative process, while meeting the challenges presented to me. Moreover, my passion for art coupled with my ability to communicate effectively has afforded a unique talent for inspiring an appreciation of art in others.
Master’s Degree in Modern and Contemporary Art, Christie’s Education London,
University of Glasgow, September 2011-June 2012
Bachelor’s Degree in Art History, Florida International University, SW 107th Ave.
& 8th St. Miami, Florida. June 2004-April 2008
Cumulative GPA 3.401
Freelance Art Curator, November 2013-Present
Calix Gustav Projects, Miami, Florida
• Worked in tandem with artists to create composed and didactic exhibitions.
• Arranged and managed all aspects of location of exhibition, transportation,
installation and all press materials.
• Prepared and outlined exhibition and budget proposals.
Art Advisor, November 2012-Present
Rosenbaum Contemporary Gallery, Miami, Florida.
• Oversees all finalized sales during art fairs.
• Closely works with local and international collectors, museum representatives,
dealers, art consultants, and advisers.
• Consolidates future collector and gallery relationships.
• Performs sales in four different languages, in addition to assisting on other
sales as main interpreter.
Gallery Director and Chief Curator, May 2009-August 2012
Calix Gustav Gallery Miami, Florida.
• Create a Limited Liability Corporation and establish all legal rights.
• Oversee all day-to-day operations of the gallery.
• Coordinated exhibitions in the gallery and art fairs.
• Acted as liaison between artists and the gallery
• Responsible for managing gallery staff and budget planning.
• Responsible for gallery scheduling.
• Responsible for all contribution writing, including newsletters and press
• Responsible for all collections catalogue.
• Maintained and updated database of gallery items.
• Manage storage of art at onsite and offsite locations.
• Prepared applications, shipping, and participated in art fairs.
• Develop and implement publicity and marketing strategies for the gallery.
• Supervising the design and preparation of gallery exhibits and displays.
Administrative Assistant/ Gallery Registrar, April 2008-December 2008
Fredric Snitzer Gallery, Miami, Florida.
• Organized inventory consisting in more than 1,000 works.
• Created new inventory catalog and database.
• Drafted press releases.
• Managed storage of art at onsite and offsite locations.
Chief Intern, August 2006-April 2007
The Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, Miami, Florida.
• Co-organized the 2007 Annual Student Show.
• Created an event calendar.
• Assisted in the design of new Database for all submitted works.
• Helped designed 2007 Entry Forms.
• Prepared a budget.
• Developed new advertising strategies with the Public Relations Director.
• Drafted all written correspondence.
• Provided new list of international donors.
• Created new archival systems.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office, Word, Works, Excel, Adobe, Photoshop,
- Extensive knowledge in wrapping and handling artwork, installing new exhibitions and cataloguing.
Groups & Associations
- Former member of the Miami Art Dealer Association and Wynwood Art District Association., Member of the Sigma Alpha Lambda: National Leadership and Honors Organization.
- Fluent in English, Spanish and Italian.