Production Manager | Lighting Designer
- Tel: ➤ Login/Register to view the contact details.
Collaboration-oriented, department leader with a demonstrated history of working in academia and the entertainment industries. Strong arts and design leader skilled in team building, production management, production design, and lighting design for theatre and live entertainment, events, and theatrical consulting. Member, TCG, USITT.
MASTER OF FINE ARTS | UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS | AUSTIN, TX
- MFA Theatre Design and Technology, 2019
- Certificate in Arts Management and Cultural Entrepreneurship, Lyndon B Johnson School of Public Affairs
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE | UNIVERSITY OF EVANSVILLE | EVANSVILLE, IN
- BS Theatre Design and Technology, 2016
- Minor in Psychology
- Study Abroad, Harlaxton College, Grantham, UK, Spring 2014
ASSISTANT LIGHTING DESIGNER | SAN FRANCISCO OPERA
– Partnered with lighting director and designer in the successful remounting of Billy Budd and Hansel & Gretel in Fall season.
– Coordinated with designers on needs and requirements for successful remounting of existing repertory operas.
– Improved archiving cross-production paperwork processes, leading to a more efficient, branded workflow.
– Oversaw lighting needs, including maintaining lighting plots for productions and assisting guest lighting designers as needed.
PRODUCTION MANAGER & LIGHTING DESIGNER | UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS
AUGUST 2016—JUNE 2019
– Designed or assisted on several productions, ranging from operas to musicals, plays, and dance concerts.
– Engaged in exercises and studies of architectural lighting design.
– Incorporated architectural design principles and equipment in a theatrical-oriented thesis exhibit, Erasure.
– Acted as primary liaison for production events between Department Graduate production cohort and the University of Texas while increasing efficiency and reducing production costs by 15% in graduate showcase events.
– Managed the successful production of first Latinx Theatre for Young Audiences festival in the United States, Sin Fronteras.
– Developed undergraduate teaching opportunities on mainstage productions, tripling lighting-focus engagement.
– Improved resource utilization for annual Graduate Design Showcase through well-defined budgets, clear expectations, team delegation, and schedules, resulting in a 30% expense reduction and improved experience for guests and participants.
DESIGN CONSULTANT INTERN | WRIGHTSON, JOHNSON, HADDON, WILLIAMS, INC.
– Improved DD and CD processes by developing company-wide templates and file structures for CSI Division 11 specifications.
– Assisted in strategic direction, specification, and planning of theater infrastructure in theater venues and arenas.
LIGHTING DESIGN FELLOW | HANGAR THEATER
– Partnered with seasonal fellows in the successful collaboration on four seasonal productions.
– Coordinated with mainstage designers and shops in scheduling, labor management, and design for two mainstage performances.
LIGHTING DIRECTOR | THE BARNSTORMERS
MAY 2015—AUGUST 2016
– Led production efforts with fellow designers to create high-quality productions at as part of summer season.
– Coordinated with outside vendors, ensuring top-quality lighting designs that maximized the production budget.
– Improved changeover methods, reducing time and labor costs while also reducing employee burnout.
– Created archival maintenance procedures and handbooks for the first time in the company’s history.
ELECTRICS INTERN | GREAT RIVER SHAKESPEARE FESTIVAL
– Engaged with fellow interns in the successful build and load-in of 2014 summer season (three productions).
– Coordinated design, hang, and programming of intern/apprentice project.
– Performed necessary tasks for production performances, including followspot operations and principal flyman.
- Vectorworks (8 years)
- Lightwright (8 years)
- Adobe Creative Suite (5 years)
- Microsoft Office (10+ years)
- Google Suite (5 years)
- AutoCAD (2 years)
- Revit (1 year)
- Bluebeam (1 year)
- Photoshop (3 years)
- In Design (3 years)
- Microsoft Access (2 years)
Groups & Associations
- TCG, USITT