Part-Time Job Woodworking Department Manager / Instructor
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Chicago Industrial Arts & Design Center (CIADC) is growing!
To meet expanded needs, we are looking for a Department Manager/Instructor in our Woodworking Department.
The ideal candidate would have working and teaching knowledge with industrial Woodworking, for furniture, sculpture, or product. Candidate should have the flexibility to teach weekday evening class(es), with possible weekday morning/afternoon and weekend morning class times as well. We’re looking for someone who can teach fundamental skills to diverse audiences and interests, and who would bring a unique, creative mindset to our organization. This person should be enthusiastic in working within our industrial “maker space” and want to be a part of our creative community, helping the Department grow towards our goals. Compensation is based on qualifications and experience. CIADC is an equal opportunity employer.
CIADC is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization located in Rogers Park. Our mission is to provide education, working access, and community to 3D object makers working with materials and processes requiring industrial workspace, specialized skill-sets, and shop tools. We have a 10,500SF industrial facility housing 4 in-depth Departments: Casting & Molding, Fabricated Metalworking & Forging, Integrated Technology & Design, and Woodworking. CIADC offers classes and community workspace use to the general public – any skill level and interest!
For more information on CIADC, and to look at current class offerings, please visit www.ciadc.org.
Candidates should have:
• strong communication and organization skills
• experience running a group workshop
• ability to manage and grow the Woodworking Department, including personnel and revenue streams
• ability to maintain shop equipment
• confidence to enforce safety and policies set by CIADC
• working and teaching knowledge with industrial woodworking shop tools and methods for furniture, sculpture, and product-oriented objects
• strong fine woodworking skills a plus
• CNC routing experience a plus
• teaching experience with adult age groups (18+) of all ability levels and interests
• teaching experience with teenage groups (12-17) a plus
How to Apply:
Please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org
• cover letter
• 5-10 low-res images – or – url link of personally created objects from the last 2 years showcasing Woodworking
• 3 professional references, including 1 teaching reference
|• Job Title:||Woodworking Department Manager / Instructor|
|• Job Type:||Part-Time Job|
|• Employer:||Chicago Industrial Arts & Design Center|
|• Location:||Chicago, Illinois, United States|