Contract Job Visiting Instructor in Theatre Design
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Heidelberg University, located in Tiffin, Ohio, is rising! With the implementation of a new academic strategic plan, we are seeking qualified candidates passionate about sharing their knowledge, implementing strategies for student engagement and success, and building a community of education excellence. Heidelberg University seeks a dynamic individual to fill the immediate need for a Visiting Instructor in Theatre Design for the School of Music and Theatre. This position also serves as Technical Director / Design to work with our growing theatre program. The School of Music and Theatre is housed in the School of Communication, Humanities, Social Sciences, and the Arts, one of the four schools recently implemented within the new organizational structure of Academic Affairs. Heidelberg University offers a strong liberal arts curriculum and professional education programs with the mission of personal, intellectual, and professional development, leading to a life of purpose with distinction.
Heidelberg University is a student-focused community with a significant commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty, staff, and students. Individuals who value, demonstrate, and promote diversity, equity, and inclusion are preferred candidates for Heidelberg’s vacant positions. Additionally, we are seeking faculty who want to contribute as able and interested to the University’s initiatives to improve our student recruitment, engagement, retention, success, persistence, graduation, and placement.
The Visiting Instructor of Theatre Design provides instruction and advising to undergraduate students. This positon teaches Stagecraft and lab, Principles of Design, and Theatre Technology. This position will be filled as a significant part-time position which includes all benefits provided to University faculty and staff. The Visiting Instructor of Technical Design reports directly to the Theatre Chair within the School of Music and Theatre.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience, qualifications and abilities, including:
• An MFA in Technical Direction or Design or related field with demonstrated excellences as a designer, technical director, and classroom instructor. An equivalent combination of relevant experience and education may be considered.
• Ability to design scenery and / or costumes for four productions each season as well as plan, coordinate and implement scenery, costume, sound and lighting requirements.
• Experience managing scene and costume shops.
• Ability to oversee student production staff and organize, schedule, and control workflow.
• Demonstrated strong commitment to student centered active learning and student engagement activities.
• Willingness to participate and engage in responsibilities, campus efforts and activities during the day, evenings, and /or weekends at both on-campus and off-campus in order to be part of a community that supports education excellence and student success.
• Demonstrated experience, knowledge and appreciation for a liberal arts tradition.
• Commitment and a demonstrated record of academic excellence with professional and personal integrity.
• Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication and problem- solving skills.
• A demonstrated work ethic that promotes teamwork, enhances creativity and motivation, and builds consensus in a high-energy and high-task environment.
In addition, the ideal candidate will model Heidelberg University’s core values of integrity, honesty, humility, transparency, respectfulness, diversity, caring, loyalty, and accountability in all work.
For consideration, or to obtain additional information, please visit www.heidelberg.edu/careers
Review of candidates will begin upon receipt and will continue until the position has been filled.
|• Job Title:||Visiting Instructor in Theatre Design|
|• Job Type:||Contract Job|
|• Employer:||Heidelberg University|
|• Location:||Tiffin, Ohio, United States|