Full-Time Job Theater Director and Instructor
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Lake Forest Academy is seeking a Theater Director and Instructor in the Department of Fine and Performing Arts beginning in the 2017-2018 school year.
To apply, visit https://www.applitrack.com/lfa/onlineapp/default.aspx.
• Serve as a member of the LFA faculty subject to all responsibilities and policies set forth in the LFA Faculty and Staff Handbook.
• Be present on campus, attending such events as concerts, lectures, intra-school competitions, and athletic contests.
• Serve as an advisor to a group of 6 to 10 students.
• Create an environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
• Fulfill all other responsibilities as assigned by the Department Chair, Dean of Faculty, or Head of School.
Responsibilities as an Instructor in the Department of Fine and Performing Arts:
• Teach four course sections each semester, likely to include Acting, Advanced Acting, Directing, and Public Speaking.
• Take part in departmental activities with a commitment to collegiality and collaboration.
Responsibilities as the Theater Director:
• Design and conduct recruitment efforts to attract students to the LFA theater classes and extracurricular program.
• Advise and assist the Fine and Performing Arts Chair with scheduling activities in the theater.
• Oversee all aspects of planning, scheduling, production, direction and performance of the Fall Play, Winter Musical, and Spring Student-Directed One Act Plays. Rehearsals for these productions take place after the school day and, during technical rehearsal, on weekends.
• Sponsor the high school drama club and chapter of the International Thespian Society.
• Establish performance requirements, enforce academic requirements, and verify each student’s eligibility to participate in theater activities.
• See that all royalties, rental fees, and other money due in association with each production are paid and maintain an accurate record of all expenses and receipts.
• Oversee proper organization and storage of stock theatrical units and school-owned equipment and material on the stage, in the auditorium, and in the theater classroom.
Ideal qualifications include the following:
• An MFA in Acting or Directing or an advanced degree in Theater.
• A passion for theater and for working with students.
• Successful experience directing and overseeing the production of plays, student directed productions, and musicals.
• Successful experience as a teacher of acting, directing, and public speaking.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively use electronic technology to enhance instruction.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an institution that values diversity, pluralism and inclusion.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively with colleagues, parents, and students.
Lake Forest Academy is committed to hiring a culturally diverse faculty committed to working with a diverse student body. Candidates from underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply. Lake Forest Academy is strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. All decisions at the Academy will be made without regard to race, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, disability, military status, or any other legally-protected status.
Founded in 1857, Lake Forest Academy is a coed, boarding school serving 430 academically bright and motivated students in grades 9 to 12 from across the globe.
The Academy offers a rigorous curriculum focused on academic excellence and characterized by small classes and close faculty/student interaction.
The school’s mission of educational excellence is founded on the four pillars of character, scholarship, citizenship, and responsibility.
The LFA community places students at the center of their own learning and provides the support needed to develop confidence and strong values.
Please visit our website http://www.lfanet.org/ for more information about us.
|• Job Title:||Theater Director and Instructor|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||Lake Forest Academy|
|• Location:||Lake Forest, Illinois, United States|