Full-Time Job Tenure Track Assistant Professor of Theatre/Scenic Design
Tenure Track Assistant Professor of Theatre/Scenic Design
Colorado Mesa University
Department: Theatre Arts
Position No. F00011
Salary: $45,000.00 – $50,000.00. Commensurate with education and experience. Excellent health and retirement benefits package.
Application: Submit a cover letter clearly addressing minimum and desired/preferred qualifications and duties, resume or CV; a one to two-page personal statement of design interests and teaching philosophies; three letters of reference; three additional references (phone and e-mail); a digital portfolio of work samples (paste links into document and upload as Word or .pdf file) and a copy of transcripts for all degrees completed. If your transcripts include your social security number or birthdate, please redact that information before uploading the document. Official transcripts are required upon hire.
Apply here: http://apptrkr.com/1148088 .
Application Deadline: Open until filled. To ensure consideration, complete applications must be received by 2/1/2018.
SUMMARY: The Department of Theatre at Colorado Mesa University seeks an innovative tenure-track Assistant Professor of Theatre / Scenic Design. The successful candidate will teach courses in scenic/lighting design. Courses may include: stagecraft, props design, scenic painting, scene design, stage lighting, stage management, computer-aided drafting and Theatre Appreciation. Collaboration with departmental faculty in the development and refinement of program curriculum required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide scenic designs and assist with build (or supervise student designers) for two mainstage productions each semester
• The standard teaching load is 12 credit hours per semester; some assigned courses may be taught on-line, hybrid, or via distance delivery modalities. Scholarship in the discipline, involvement with advising and service to the department and profession are expected.
• Production responsibilities and teaching together will comprise a 12 hours load per semester.
• Provide technical oversight for the fall and spring dance concerts.
• Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• M.F.A. in Scenic Design plus significant professional equivalency. Degree must be from an accredited institution.
• Demonstrated enthusiasm for teaching.
• Effective communication and organizational skills.
• Professional design experience.
• Three years’ experience college-level teaching and designing scenery, props and lights.
Colorado Mesa University is particularly interested in candidates who have experience working with students from diverse backgrounds and who have a demonstrated commitment to improving the levels of access and success for underrepresented students within higher education.
Colorado Mesa University is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history. Applicant must be able to verify U.S. employment eligibility. Colorado Mesa University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a culturally diverse faculty, staff and student body. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the position.
|• Job Title:||Tenure Track Assistant Professor of Theatre/Scenic Design|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||Colorado Mesa University|
|• Location:||Grand Junction, Colorado, United States|