Temporary Job Temporary Stage Production Manager
This temporary position performs the outlined role between October 2017 – July 2018, to provide interim expertise during a planned absence of the Stage Production Manager.
In this role, the Temporary Stage Production Manager manages the personnel and operations of the Stage Team, including production of the general session program, speakers, entertainment, and other session participants for the annual 5-6 days International Assembly (1,300-1,500 registrants) and annual 4 days International Convention (15,000-45,000 registrants). Manages the planning, contracting and on-site execution of the general session activities. Oversees the general session aesthetics including stage design and operation, visuals for speech support, and video content. Serves as primary staff contact with executive Rotary leadership and committee chairs for general session program development for assemblies and the consecutive conventions concurrently. Also serves as RI liaison with the stage production and entertainment related vendors. Exhibits an attitude of professionalism, service and collaboration within the Meetings and Events team, the RI Secretariat and the community at large in support of the Secretariat and Rotary International’s Strategic Plan and Mission.
Contributes to a collaborative, team-oriented working environment.
Education Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Strong project management skills required and ability to handle multiple priorities
• Strong customer service skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities with attention to detail
• Computer literacy and knowledge of Microsoft, Keynote, and Adobe Pro software
• Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally
• Ability to work in an international environment.
Preferred: • Knowledge of design and/or event management software desirable.
• Experience with InDesign
• Manages the personnel and operations of the Stage Team, including assignment of responsibilities and assessment of performance
• Manages the stage production timeline for completion of all stage and program related responsibilities and requirements for the assembly and convention.
• Manages stage production of the general session program, speakers, entertainment, and other session participants for the annual 5-6 days International Assembly (1,300-1,500 registrants with up to 10 general sessions) and annual 4 days International Convention (15,000-45,000 registrants with 6-7 general sessions).
• Manages the planning, and on-site execution of the general session activities.
• Serves as primary point of contact for all stage production, entertainment, and related vendors.
• Manages contract negotiations, execution and fulfillment of terms for general session speakers and entertainers
• Oversees the general session aesthetics including stage design and operation, visuals for speech support, and video content.
• Serves as primary staff liaison with executive management staff, Rotary senior leadership and committee chairs for general session program development for assemblies and the consecutive conventions concurrently.
• Manages and drives script development and coordination for all general session presentations. o Coordinates all video content for the assembly and convention. o Develops the stage scripts, inserts all hidden text and stage directions.
o Coordinates all walk-on stings for the presiders and speakers for the assembly and convention.
o Ensures all props are ordered and shipped to the event. o Works with the production company to stage large group introductions including marking the stage and rehearsing the groups
• Manages the design and implementation of backstage infrastructure and services.
• Manages rehearsal schedule for individual speakers, group presentations and entertainments
• Manages all stage production and entertainment vendors through installation, run of show, and dismantling of services and equipment.
• Manages show operations of general sessions including rehearsals, introductions, graphic visuals, music and presentations of Rotary leaders, non-Rotary speakers and entertainers.
• Implements the backstage security procedures for dignitaries participating in general sessions at the assembly and convention as needed.
• Manage schedules to complete cue-to-cue and on-stage rehearsals with stage company personnel.
• Oversee the speaker rehearsals on stage and in the speaker ready room;
• Provides coaching and stage directions to Rotary Senior Leadership, speakers and presenters during the assembly and convention.
• Coordinates the administrative activities of the stage office to ensure the following activities are completed: revisions to stage scripts; verification of proper stage sets; placement of all props; receipt of on-site daily announcement requests, approval and placement in stage scripts; and distribution of final scripts, with stage directions and speeches, to the entire stage team before each session.
• Additional duties as assigned.
Note: This assignment requires long work hours and can be physically demanding.
• Coordinates a post-show meeting with stage production vendors for debrief
• Provides written report within 30 days of each event assessing success and process improvement opportunities
Prior Experience Eight to ten years of production management experience required.
Experience working in an international environment desirable.
• Able to sit for extended periods of time
• Able to stand for extended periods of time
• Able to walk for extended periods of time
• Able to climb stairs for extended periods of time
• Able to travel* for extended periods of time
• Able to lift a minimum of 25lbs
• Able to utilize office equipment such as copy machine, phone, cell phone, 2-way radio, fax machine, computer, etc.
* Travel may include but not be limited to sitting in an airplane, train, bus or other form of transportation in order to get to a predetermined location.
Supervisory Responsibility Supervises RI Staff and vendors onsite during the International Assembly and International Convention.
Budget Responsibility Responsible for monitoring actual versus budgeted line items and reconciling operational budgets for the stage production and other items/accounts within meeting cost centers as assigned.
Primarily divisional-, department- and section-level personnel, especially those in the Senior Leader Support, Corporate Governance, Membership Services (Programs, Learning and Development, Membership Development & Support), Finance, Communications, Public Relations, The Rotary Foundation, IS, Language Services, Corporate Services, Legal Services, and the Support Services Area.
External Contacts External—Rotary senior leadership, volunteer host organizations, and other meetingsrelated committees; outside vendors; and venues management.
Apply by sending a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org .
International travel required. Candidates able to work in Evanston office preferred.
|• Job Title:||Temporary Stage Production Manager|
|• Job Type:||Temporary Job|
|• Employer:||Rotary International|
|• Location:||Evanston, Illinois, United States|